Ralph Breaks the Internet

Wreck it Ralph

via Flickr

Wreck it Ralph

On November 21st, 2018, the new Disney animation Ralph Breaks the Internet, was released in theaters. This adventurous movie is the sequel to Wreck-It Ralph which came out six years ago. Wreck-It Ralph came out in 2012 and is about a villain in the arcade game “Wreck-It Ralph.” The game is about Ralph breaking windows and another character named Fix it Felix Jr is supposed to use his hammer to fix the broken windows. Ralph was always treated badly by the other characters in the game because he was the bad guy, so he wanted to become a hero. To do this, he thought he had to have a medal so, he went “turbo” and exited his own game, to earn the medal in other game, to prove himself not a bad guy. Exiting his game and going to a different game was against the rule and unleashed a deadly enemy. This caused a commotion in all of the games, and the people playing the game to think it was broken because there wasn’t anyone breaking the windows since Ralph was gone. In the movie, the game characters are trying to save their game from being shut down or unplugged. While trying to find his medal, Ralph created a friendship between himself and a girl named Vanellope Von Schweetz, a glitchy racer in the game Sugar Rush.

Wreck-It Ralph 2’s trailer hit 4.5 million views in 24 hours on YouTube. The incorporation of Disney Princesses and other movie or video game characters, such as Sonic, attracted many kids and parents and made them want to watch the movie. They also decided to include Star Wars characters, Zootopia characters, Moana characters, and Marvel characters. The movie was supposed to arrive in theaters on March 9, 2018, but the movie, A Wrinkle In Time took its date of release. In the process of making this movie, Rich Moore, the director, explored many internet memes or puns and other relatable things that happen on the internet to intrigue the audience and make the movie more exciting to watch. Just like in the first film, the director, and producers decided to also put in many popular websites that people visit today like, Amazon, YouTube, Google, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, and other websites including different search engines.

Based on the trailers of Ralph Breaks the Internet, the new movie is about Ralph and Vanellope Von Schweetz who take an adventure into the internet because the steering wheel on the Sugar Rush game was broken. The store owner had to shut down the game and everyone rushed out of it because if they didn’t, they would be stuck there forever. When a wifi router was plugged into their games, Ralph and Vanellope traveled into the internet. While in the internet, they discover many new things like auctions at eBay, playing games, popup ads, and different websites. They also meet new characters from video games and movies.

This movie is an exciting movie that is out in theaters and would is an interesting movie to watch, especially when seeing all the popular websites that many people use today.

Charis P, Reporter

Charis P. is a 7th grader at Kraemer Middle School. She loves dancing, playing with her dog, hanging out with friends, and going on vacations. Her favorite...