Google Pixel 3

The new Google Pixel 3

The new Google Pixel 3

Via flickr

Via flickr

The new Google Pixel 3

Google recently announced the release of Pixel 3 at the Google Launch Event in New York City. It announced the release of the Pixel 3 and other Google products that came out that year. In the presentation, they talked about the features and why they are unique and special. It is rated to have the best camera in a smartphone of 2018.

The phone features dual 8 megapixel front lenses and a 12.2 megapixel lens on the back. With the dual front lenses, it makes it easier to get everyone in the shot of a selfie as it gives a wide camera angle. Although there is only one back lens, it compensates for that by having multiple pictures taken and put them together to create an optical lens effect.  At night, the Pixel 3 increases the brightness on the picture and adds contrast to increase the brightness and still retain the details in the picture. Due to it not having two lenses on the back for depth perception, it uses software engineering and optical effects to show depth in the picture. The most unique feature of the camera is the ability to track moving objects. The focus on the camera can track the moving object to give it more detail than the background.

The phone screen is 5.5 inches in OLED 1080p resolution, showing impressive images on the go. The fingerprint sensor on the back allows menu control and login instead of face recognition or on-screen fingerprint sensor. The phone itself is mostly glass and aluminum with a matte finish (a finish with no shine), allowing wireless charging. The phone also comes with Google Assistant to help you organize and search with your voice. One really unique feature of the Google Pixel 3 is the screen call. It allows Google Assistant to collect information about who is calling at the touch of a button. If you don’t want to be disturbed by notifications or want to save battery life, you can flip the phone onto its front and it will remove all disturbance from notifications. When used with the Pixel Stand, it acts like a Google Home, a home device made by Google. It can act as an alarm and tell you about the weather and the commute to a place.

There is also a Pixel 3 XL on a larger scale. It has a 6.3-inch screen with the notches at the top (Can be disabled) with a slightly higher screen definition than the Pixel 3. The only thing people dislike about the phone is scratching the back of the phone. It can be solved by using soap and water with a toothbrush to rid of the marks. Even with all of these features and specs, it only costs $799 for the Pixel 3 and $899 for the Pixel 3 XL. It can be bought at Verizon or on Google Store anywhere.

Donald C., Reporter

Donald C. is currently a 7th grader attending Kraemer Middle School. His favorite subjects are science and writing and will be for years to come. In his...