Venom Review

November 6, 2018

A Venom piggy bank

A Venom piggy bank

via Flickr

via Flickr

A Venom piggy bank

On October 25th, the movie Venom came out. This movie is rated PG-13 for some very high levels of action, violence, and language. The movie is apart of Sony and Marvel. Since 2017, the two companies have been incorporation. Famous actor Tom Hardy plays Eddie Brock/ Venom, famous actress Michelle Williams plays Anne Weying, another famous actor Riz Ahmed plays Carlton Drake/Riot, and Woody Harrelson plays Cletus Kasady. Venom is probably one of the best Sony and Marvel movies of 2018.

Unfortunately, Venom got very low reviews. As a total, Venom got a final percentage as 30% Rotten Tomatoes. Rotten Tomatoes is a very popular critic and shares their opinion on every movie. For those, who are not familiar with Rotten Tomatoes, they are like grades that people get on a test or report card. If a movie were to get a 94% Rotten Tomatoes, that is like getting a solid A on a test, but if someone were to get 30% as Venom did, that is closer to an F.

In better news for this movie, there are opinions that really matter. If people go to the Rotten Tomatoes website, it will show a Rotten Tomatoes Percentage and a Popcorn Score percentage. The Popcorn percentage is what the people that saw the movie in the theaters thought of the movie. 88% of the people who watched Venom in the theaters liked it. That is really good coming from a movie whose critics opinions where horrible.

The movie Venom describes more of Eddie Brock’s story and less about Spider-man’s story like in Spider-man 3. In the film, it shows how the parasite that invaded Eddie’s body was a terrible lab accident. Eddie goes to the to confront a very evil man named Carlton Drake and expose him to the cops. Instead of doing that, he gets attacked by the parasite, or in the movie they call it a “symbiote”. He soon starts hearing voices in his head and begins throwing up. After a couple of days, he starts to learn how to control the parasite. Soon Eddie finds out that the parasite’s name is Venom. Venom tries to kill Eddie at first, then he realizes that he needs to be more unselfish, and go kill another parasite that is inside Carlton Drake. Venom and Eddie go to fight, as this amazing duo to save the planet from an alien invasion.