Spotlight on Laurdiy

A picture off of Laurdiy's Instagram

A picture off of Laurdiy's Instagram

via Pinterest

via Pinterest

A picture off of Laurdiy's Instagram

Meet the DIY (do it yourself) queen on Youtube, Lauren Riihimaki. Lauren has 18 million subscribers across her social media platforms and it keeps growing every day. Her career started with her popular crafty YouTube channel, Laurdiy.

Lauren Riihimaki lives in Los Angeles with her dog Moose. Moose is a mini bull terrier and has 894,000 followers on Instagram. Lauren grew up in St.Catharines, a city in Canada, and then moved to Toronto. She was born on August 11, 1993, and is a 25-year-old YouTuber with an average net worth of $450,000. She is 5 ft. 4 ½ and her full name is Lauren Kobayashi Riihimaki. Lauren is an only child and her parents are Gaila and Gray Riihimaki. Lauren’s mom is Japanese and her dad is half Finnish and half Ukrainian. She grew up swimming, skating, and taking piano and guitar lessons. In her childhood, she loved traveling and exploring new parts of the world.

In elementary school, she attended the Alexandra Public School from grades 1-6 and then went to Queen Mary Public School for her 7th and 8th-grade years. She won the Female Athlete Award and French Award in elementary. She challenged herself in middle school and did the French Immersion Program. The French Immersion Program teaches students every class in French. She graduated middle school as the Valedictorian from the French Immersion Program and got the Female Athlete award of her class. Then Lauren went to Churchill High School and studied graphic communication management at Ryerson University.

Lauren needed a way to communicate with her audience and she wanted to create a website which led her to WordPress (website maker). On WordPress, she created her first blog called Desire and Inspire. She needed to display her tips and guides efficiently through videos. Lauren started her channel in 2011 when she was still in college. Now, with over 8.5 million subscribers on YouTube, she makes fashion, DIY, beauty, challenges, and other fun videos with friends on YouTube. She released many songs such as DIY Queen, My Side with Alex Wassabi, and Roast Yourself raps.

Lauren has made many friends on YouTube like Alex Wassabi, Niki DeMartino, Gabi DeMartino, Fouseytube, and her Asian Girl Squad, Alisha, Mia, Tiffany, and Remi. Recently, Lauren and Alex Wassabi broke up and all her subscribers were shocked. They have been together for the last three years and announced their breakup on September 15, 2018. They said that they would still be friends and all of their memories and videos would still stay up on YouTube. Lauren has met some of her favorite YouTubers growing up and has had so many life-changing experiences from YouTube. YouTube let Lauren follow her passion and lets her work with people that are just as driven as her.

Lauren has recently released a new craft line in Target, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Walmart, Joann’s, and Amazon. These stores sell her cute crafty DIY projects, supplies, and other fun stuff. Laurdiy craft supplies are priced from $4.99- $24.99. On Ardene, she has released a pajama clothing line with lots of cute onesies. The products are sold in the United States and Canada, as well as online.  She is a successful YouTube sensation and her platforms keep growing every day.