Elon Musk’s Hyperloop

Elon Musk’s Hyperloop

The hyperloop is currently under construction

via Wikipedia

via Wikipedia

via Wikipedia

Elon Musk’s promised high-speed transportation, called the Hyperloop, is almost done. The billionaire entrepreneur tweeted on Sunday that the first tunnel is almost here, and in less than two months. Musk’s Boring company, an infrastructure and tunnel construction company founded by him in 2016, is almost finished with its first project. Musk added that the Hyperloop will be announced on December 10, 2018, and hosting free rides for passengers the very next day.

Elon Musk is a South African entrepreneur known for founding SpaceX and Tesla Motors. Aside from his other inventions, Musk released an idea on a new way of public transportation called the Hyperloop. Proposed in August 2013 by Tesla and SpaceX, the Hyperloop would propel riders in pods through a network of low-pressure tubes at speeds reaching more than 700 mph. The Hyperloop would be resistant to weather and powered by renewable energy. The Hyperloop Alpha Concept was first published in August 2013, examining a route running from the Los Angeles area to the San Francisco Bay Area. The Hyperloop would run for 360 miles and propel passengers at an astonishing speed of 750 miles per hour.

Although Musk said that the Hyperloop would be safer than a plane or train, the idea has drawn some skepticism. The projected cost for the Hyperloop is around $6 billion, but Musk sought to encourage the development of the idea and announced a competition for teams to submit their designs for a Hyperloop pod prototype. The first Hyperloop Pod Competition was held at the SpaceX facility in January 2017. In March, Musk posted a video on his Twitter on how the Hyperloop would work. The video shows a van-sized pod filled with people being lowered off into a station before setting off for the LA airport. Musk added that the new futuristic ride would cost as little as $1 per fare.

In conclusion, the Hyperloop is a newly proposed idea of underground public transportation by Elon Musk. Elon Musk, founder of Tesla Motors and SpaceX, proposed the idea of a faster public transportation method in August 2013 called the Hyperloop. The Hyperloop would propel riders in pods through a network of low-pressure tubes at speeds reaching more than 700 mph. It would be estimated at a cost of around $6 billion. The first Hyperloop test was located in the Los Angeles area to the San Francisco Bay Area, called the Hyperloop Alpha Concept. Musk announced that the Hyperloop would be released on December 10, and would be hosting free rides the very next day.

Alan H., Reporter

Alan He is a member of the KMS Cub Reporter.  He is in 8th grade, and this is his first year as part of the Cub reporter team. He took Newspaper as an...