Riverdale Back for Season Three

Riverdale+cast+at+Comic+Con+
Riverdale cast at Comic Con

Riverdale cast at Comic Con

via Flickr

via Flickr

Riverdale cast at Comic Con

Riverdale is a popular TV-14 CW tv show that is based on the Archie Comics. Actors/actresses that are in the tv show include KJ Apa as Archie, Lili Reinhart as Betty, Camila Mendes as Veronica and Cole Sprouse as Jughead. Riverdale first premiered in January of 2017. Then they announced there would be a second season which came out in October 2017.

Season 1 of Riverdale began the mysterious murder case of Jason Blossom’s death. Season 2 was the mystery of who was the serial killer who chose to be named The Black Hood. After the Season 2 finale where Archie was arrested for a crime, he didn’t commit the viewers didn’t know what was happening. All the events leading up to this one moment has made all of the fans impatient for season 3 but now the fans don’t have to wait much longer.

The CW recently released a Season 3 trailer called The Middle of the Night. In the first scene of the trailer Archie’s on a bus handcuffed looking mad after being framed for a murder. Jughead “is” taking a picture, Betty looks serious and Veronica “is” telling her father, “We’ll survive whatever you have planned because we are endgame.” She said this referring to her relationship with Archie. After that clip, Archie, Betty, Veronica and Jughead are seen in a car Archie built himself on the way to their Labor Day weekend. Fans have speculated that Archie has joined the serpents as he has a tattoo in the shape of a snake. More scenes include Archie going to his cell, Toni looking worried, Kevin and Moose kissing and Jughead looking shocked. Towards the end Archie holds back his father, Fred, after trying to get at Hiram for framing his son. Betty looks through a book full of cult figures. She faints then wakes up to see the exact cult figure she saw in the book in front of her. Alice and one of her daughters, Polly, hold Polly’s twins Juniper and Dagwood over a fire dressed in all white as if they had to do something with the cult. Archie throws a bottle out his cell furiously. Jughead discovers a cult ritual set up with a person yelling help. That was all in the 30-second trailer.

Some things that were confirmed by either the actors or producers in interviews and social media were that Varchie (Veronica and Archie) will have a harder time with their relationship and that there will be more Bughead (Betty and Jughead) and Choni (Cheryl and Toni) scenes. Falice (FP and Alice) will start to rekindle. Jughead’s mom Gladys and sister Jellybean are coming to town. Another Musical episode will happen. Characters that will have a bigger role in Season 3 are Polly Cooper, Reggie Mantle and Toni Topaz. Hermione is still leading the town with her position as mayor. Hal Cooper will still be around with a shocking storyline. Chic might return as well. We will see a lot more of Polly’s cult farm involved. Kevin and Josie are being roommates and are getting used to being close step-siblings.

The Riverdale franchise has left fans on the edges of their seats in every season and “writers” want to continue to do so. Season 3 comes out very soon, October 10th, and fans can’t wait to see their favorite characters again. Let us hope that season 3 will be as shocking as the two seasons before. If you want to see the season premiere go to The CW channel on Wednesday, October 10 or download The CW app and stream it live free the next day.