Filed under Sports

Antonio Brown’s Career

Antonio Brown

via CBS Sports

Antonio Brown

Antonio Brown is a starting wide receiver in the NFL for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Brown’s full name is Antonio Tavaris Brown Sr. He was born on July 10, 1988, and now he is 30 years old. Antonio was raised in Liberty City, Miami, and he attended Miami Norland High School where he played both track and football. His height is only 5´10, and he weighs about 180 pounds. Brown attended Central Michigan University. Antonio was drafted in 2010 in the 6th round as the 195th pick.

His NFL stats are amazing for such a late draft pick. He already has about 750 receptions, about 10,100 receiving yards, 60 receiving touchdowns, and he also plays as the kickoff returner and has about 3,000 returning yards and five return touchdowns. His net worth is about 70,000 as of March 15, 2017.

He has been to the pro bowl six times and five in a row. In the years 2011 and 2013-2017, he has gotten many awards and leadings in several years of his career. In 2014 and 2017 he was the receiving yards leader. Also in the years 2014 and 2015 he was the receptions leader. He was the first NFL player to get over 1,000 receiving and return yards in a single season. Now he has made it all the way through college and to the NFL. There is a lot of controversy on if he is the best WR in the league. Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham Jr, and Julio Jones are all in the race for being to best NFL wide receiver.

He has five children, four boys, and one girl. The boys’ names are Antonio Brown Jr., Autonomy Brown, Ali Brown, Apollo Brown, and his only daughter’s name is Antanyiah Brown. His mother and father’s names are Eddie Brown and Adrianna Moss. Antonio’s parents got a divorce, but then his mom got remarried when he was twelve. He was kicked out of his house when he was sixteen because he did not get along with his step-father. For a while, he had to spend the night at a friends house or in a car or cheap motel.

Something else that’s interesting is that he is friends with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, they both have the same personal trainer and even work out each other sometimes. Antonio has said that Dwayne helps him to be better with what he does and never to stop trying.

A couple more interesting things to know about Brown is that he strongly avoids alcohol; he says that he must keep his body clean unlike a lot of other NFL players. Instead, he drinks a gallon of water a day. The last cool thing to know about Antonio was that he was in season 22 of Dancing With The Stars. His net worth is about 70,000 as of March 15, 2017.

All in all Antonio Brown is an amazing and dedicated person and a fantastic football player.

Nick G., Reporter

Nick is an 8th grader at KMS located in Placentia. He likes to play sports like football and basketball. He plays on a football team called the Brea Wildcats....