Filed under Opinion

Why Samsung Is Better Than Apple.

Why Samsung Is Better Than Apple.

Galaxy Note 9

Galaxy Note 9

via Pexels

Galaxy Note 9

via Pexels

via Pexels

Galaxy Note 9

In the age of technology, people have a choice people of the past never would have thought of asking. What phone should they choose? While there are many phone manufacturing companies. However, by far the two leading manufacturers are Samsung and Apple. Both have their own pros and cons, but Samsung is the generally preferred phone company worldwide. In fact, Samsung sells around 30 percent of all phone sales globally, around 10 percent more than Apple. That means Samsung sells about 300 million phones a year.

Samsung phones are typically preferred by people who wish to have freedom in the customization of their phone. Samsung’s Play Store filters their apps far more than Apple’s app store. At the same time, however, many argue that means there are more scams and viruses. Samsung phones are also easier to customize and are generally preferred by developers. Samsung phones are also globally shipped and are established in over 100 countries. If a user breaks apart, they can always order a new one without having to wait a long time for it to be delivered.

However, some argue iPhones are the better phone. They are much simpler to use and filter their content far more than Samsung does. Most people also prefer to use Apple’s camera features rather than Samsung’s, making Apple one of the most used phones among photographers. Another feature that all Apple devices share is the iCloud. iCloud allow users to sync their data across all other Apple devices, whether it be a Mac or an iPod. For people with other Apple made products this feature comes in handy.

Both companies also have some similar features on their phones. Both jumped at the opportunity and updated their phones with voice recognition software, which allows the user to do many commands that they would normally have to type in. Both phones have their own crowds, with Apple used by those who like a simpler user interface, and Samsung by those who prefer more customization and freedom. Both companies also have a rough history with one another. Since 2012 both companies have filed a total of 6 lawsuits against each other, in a constant battle over patents and technology.

Of all of the phone companies, Samsung comes out on top. It allows its users more freedom but still functions just as well as any Apple product. It is obvious to see that Samsung has changed the smartphone industry, and most likely will hold the crown for years to come.

Colin M., Co-Editor in Chief

Colin M. is an 8th-grader at Kraemer Middle School. He has an older brother and sister as well as a dog named Chloe who he loves very much. His brother...