The House With A Clock in Its Walls

The House With A Clock in Its Walls

A clock in a wall

A clock in a wall

via Pixabay

A clock in a wall

via Pixabay

via Pixabay

A clock in a wall

The House With A Clock In Its Walls is a PG movie that came out September 21, 2018. It is still currently in theaters. The movie tells the story of a 10-year-old boy named, Lewis Barnavelt, who, after losing his parents is sent to Michigan to live with his Uncle Jonathan and his next-door neighbor, Mrs. Zimmerman. He discovers his uncle and Mrs. Zimmerman are warlocks and enters a world of magic and sorcery. Lewis’s uncle has no rules. Except for one. Don’t open the magic cabinet and use the magic book.

Lewis breaks the only rule in the house and brings the evilest black magic magician back to life, Isaac Izard, who wanted to cause the “Apocalypse” so that he could see what happened afterward. He did this by making a clock, inside the house that Uncle Jonathan lives now, that counts down the days until the day of the Apocalypse. Because Lewis brought back Izard back from the dead, he can now finish the clock he was working on and cause the Apocalypse.

Izard puts magic on the house so the dolls and the pumpkins that were supposed to not be alive tried to keep Lewis, his Uncle, and Mrs. Zimmerman away from stopping him from starting the Apocalypse. Once they are inside the house, they get split up, Mrs. Zimmerman has to tame and fight a snake while Lewis and his Uncle go after Izard. Lewis’s Uncle slows them down because his body gets turned into a baby’s body, so Lewis has to take care of a baby and also stop Izard. But in the end, he accomplishes the two tasks: taking Izard down and stopping the Apocalypse from coming.

During the movie, there were a lot of parts that could easily scare anybody. The first time was when it was eerily quiet and all of a sudden there were two birds that flew out of nowhere cawed really loudly. That was a scene that could make anyone jump in the seat at the theater. The second time that happened was when Lewis, his uncle, and Mrs.Zimmerman, came out of a stone mouth, that led to a secret underground place and saw dolls that were not supposed to alive before, crowded around them, then started moving. The dolls grabbed Lewis, his Uncle, and Mrs. Zimmerman and took them to Isaac Izard. The last scene was the most unexpected, so it was the scariest. The dolls had been guarding the area behind the second set of doors, so Mrs. Zimmerman pumped a type of gas that is toxic to spirits and monsters and they all lay dead on the ground. …. While they were walking silently and quickly across the floor of non-living dolls, a hand of one of the dolls grabbed Lewis’s ankle making him almost trip. When watching The House With A Clock In Its Walls, be prepared to jump up.

Along with all of the scary parts of The House With A Clock In Its Walls, there are a lot of funny parts to it too. One of the funny parts in The House With A Clock In Its Walls is when Lewis comes downstairs and hears Mrs. Zimmerman and Uncle Johnathan talking in a separate room and goes outside to start walking to school. Lewis turns around and finds his Uncle and Mrs. Zimmerman waving goodbye to him from outside the house. Another humorous part of The House With A Clock In Its Walls is when Lewis’s Uncle turns into a baby, except for his face. The reason why he was turned into a baby was that Lewis and his Uncle found Izard in the clock waiting for the Apocalypse to happen then Lewis and his Uncle stopped him causing Izard to turn Uncle Jonathan into a baby. This part is hilarious because Lewis thinks it is a pile of clothes, then see something moving underneath and picks out a baby Uncle Jonathan with the face of his normal self. The House With A Clock In Its Walls has the perfect ratio of creepiness and funniness, so it makes it a movie that would satisfy anyone with a love for creepy and humorous movies.

Lauren N., Reporter

Lauren Nam is a 7th grade gate student at Kraemer Middle school who enjoys all of her classes, including newspaper and spanish. She decided to join newspaper...