Filed under Food & Travel

Summer Destinations

A+picture+of+a+beach+in+the+Bahamas+

Summer Destinations

A picture of a beach in the Bahamas

A picture of a beach in the Bahamas

A picture of a beach in the Bahamas

A picture of a beach in the Bahamas

Summer is a time to relax, have fun, and let go of worries. Some of the best ways to do these is to go on a vacation to the best summer locations or take a trip. A few of the best destinations can be tropical or even arctic. These locations can be peaceful and fun.

One of the best summer locations is Hawaii. Hawaii has great weather and during the summer months, there are cool breezes which makes a perfect day to be in paradise. Hawaii also has a interesting history and features many museums to visit. However, the main attractions in Hawaii are the beaches. There are over 400 names beaches, all of different sand such as, white sand, yellow sand, black sand, red sand, and even one green sand beach. The volcanoes in Hawaii are also large tourist attractions and are very interesting to visit and see. People can take helicopter rides into the crater of Mt. Waialeale and see the site for themselves. The food is also a good reason to visit Hawaii, which is mostly traditional food from different cultures in the island including Chinese, Japanese, Filipino and Hawaiian. As a whole, Hawaii is one of the best places to visit during the summer months.

The Bahamas is also a great destination to visit during the summer.  In the Bahamas, there are a plethora of great resorts and attractions. One of the attractions is the Atlantis Paradise Island. This resort has a luxury hotel, entertainment complex, aquarium, and a watermark. There are sparkling open air pools where marine life live, such as hammerhead sharks and swordfish. In the resort there are also shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues on site. The Atlantis Paradise Island can be a little expensive, but it is an all-inclusive package that features lots to do. Another great location to visit in the Bahamas is Harbour Island. Harbour Island is most famous for its pink sand beaches and chic resorts. Activities people can do at Harbour Island include diving, snorkeling, fishing, and basking.

Another summer destination is Catalina Island. Catalina Island is a fun destination for adults and kids alike. People can take tours of the island itself or take a tour on a ferry. Out of the water,tourists can enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities including golf, hiking, biking,as well as visiting one of the few art or history museums on the island. Off the island and into the water, visitors can fish, scuba dive and enjoy many water recreational vehicles like jet skis, parasailing, paddle boarding and more.. There are also many stores to shop at and restaurants to enjoy a nice meal.

These places have activities to do in water or on land. All of these summer destinations are great places for a vacation or visit. Visitors would have many activities to do such as just shopping or eating. Tourists should definitely visit any of these summer destinations for a peaceful or fun experience.

Bianca Z., Reporter

Bianca Z. is a seventh grader currently going to Kraemer Middle School. She loves her three dogs and spoils them with treats. Her favorite hobbies outside...