Behind the Royal Wedding

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

via Wikipedia

via Wikipedia

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

On May 19, 2018, Prince Henry, the duke of Sussex, and Meghan Markle happily wed at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle in the United Kingdom. Guests flooded into the Windsor Castle to watch the two young lovers’ beautiful ceremony of union. Filled with moments of joy, the wedding was enjoyed by all the guests that attended, and amazing for the royal family as well. Starting from just a mutual friend that set them up on a blind date, this couple has come far. Following the timeline of their love story, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were first found wearing matching bracelets, symbolizing their relationship, and friends reported that Meghan was “head over heels” for Harry. Those were the first hints that their relationship had begun during December of 2016. Later on during May 2017, their first outing was spotted, attending a charity polo match. Prince Henry was playing a polo match, and amongst the cheering crowd, was Meghan Markle. This was the first time they were seen in public together, after the dating rumors. Later, Meghan spoke about their relationship at around September 2017, stating that this relationship was not without challenges, and how the tabloids had been a problem. Problems aside, Meghan says that, “At the end of the day I think it’s really simple,” Markle said. “We’re two people who are really happy and in love.” Around the same time, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle officially held hands at an Invictus game, and enjoyed it together. A month later in November, they both announced their engagement!

The location in which this couple was married, the Windsor castle was completed in 1528, and has developed a rich history since. While it is in Berkshire, England, it is more specifically located in the district of Windsor and Maidenhead. During the Saxon times, there was a royal residence at the Windsor Castle, and construction ensued, expanding the site even more. Over time, more royal families have contributed. For example, apartments were later rebuilt by Charles II, and even rebuilt by George IV. In the Windsor Castle, there are designs worth admiring. With the precise architecture, and at a staggering 484,000 square feet, with more than 1,000 rooms, it is truly a place for royals. Different areas of the castle are for different purposes, like residential, and parks just for outside enjoyment. Inside the chapel in Windsor Castle is where Prince Henry and Meghan Markle became united for the rest of their life.

At the wedding, close friends, and royals were seen in the crowd. A surprising celeb guest was the famous tennis player, Serena Williams & Alexis Ohanian, friends of Meghan Markle’s. Another friendship that was quite unexpected was the famous actor George Clooney, and his wife, Amal. Even Oprah Winfrey, Idris Elba, James Corden and Julia Carey, were spotted amongst the crowd. A friend of Harry when he was in the army, James Blunt was invited, and so was Chelsy Davy & Cressida Bonas, being on good relations with his two ex-girlfriends. David Beckham, and his wife were yet another pair of widely known figures that attended this wedding, and careful not to forget the cast of Suits, becoming close with Meghan during filming. These celebrities listed, are just a small portion of noticeable guests that were there on that fateful day.  

After the ceremony, the couple rode through Windsor, on the carriage, and eventually shared their first kiss of that day. Clare Waight Keller for Givenchy, was the designer for the beautiful wedding dress that was worn by the bride. Later on, the 600 guests showed up for the reception at Frogmore house. A monumental time in history, this wedding will be remembered for many years.