NASA Space X Mission

CAPE CANAVERAL, FL - JUNE 03:  In this handout provided by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, with the Dragon spacecraft onboard, launches from pad 39A at NASA's Kennedy Space Center on June 3, 2017 in Cape Canaveral, Florida. Dragon is carrying almost 6,000 pounds of science research, crew supplies and hardware to the International Space Station in support of the Expedition 52 and 53 crew members. The unpressurized trunk of the spacecraft also will transport solar panels, tools for Earth-observation and equipment to study neutron stars. This will be the 100th launch, and sixth SpaceX launch, from this pad. Previous launches include 11 Apollo flights, the launch of the unmanned Skylab in 1973, 82 shuttle flights and five SpaceX launches. (Photo by Bill Ingalls/NASA via Getty Images)

CAPE CANAVERAL, FL - JUNE 03: In this handout provided by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, with the Dragon spacecraft onboard, launches from pad 39A at NASA's Kennedy Space Center on June 3, 2017 in Cape Canaveral, Florida. Dragon is carrying almost 6,000 pounds of science research, crew supplies and hardware to the International Space Station in support of the Expedition 52 and 53 crew members. The unpressurized trunk of the spacecraft also will transport solar panels, tools for Earth-observation and equipment to study neutron stars. This will be the 100th launch, and sixth SpaceX launch, from this pad. Previous launches include 11 Apollo flights, the launch of the unmanned Skylab in 1973, 82 shuttle flights and five SpaceX launches. (Photo by Bill Ingalls/NASA via Getty Images)

NASA via Getty Images

NASA via Getty Images

NASA Space X is an advanced rocket manufacturer. They make many space stations and rockets. One of the rockets was launched on May 11, 2018. This rocket is called the Falcon 9 which releases a small spacecraft called the Dragon that delivers cargo and people to orbiting destinations such as space stations.

The engines on the recent Falcon 9 Rocket is packed with power. The rocket has a total of 10 engines. There is nine underneath the rocket and 1 in the middle for the second stage of the launch. The first stage is where the 9 under thrusters push the Falcon 9 to space and then releases revealing the second stage.The second stage is the main thruster to maneuver in space. This engine puts out 210,000 lbft. of torque. The average pickup truck puts out 410 lb-ft. This means that the Falcon 9 puts out 512 times more lb-ft. of torque. This caused the funding for this rocket to be $62 million.

During the cargo delivery, the spacecraft detaches the Dragon which is then powered by solar panels and one main thruster. The Dragon holds cargo and astronauts and delivers them to space stations and other ships as well. The Falcon 9 is the best technology SpaceX has. The Falcon heavy is another version of the Falcon 9 but it holds more cargo and is much more powerful. This rocket has a total of 28 engines and puts out 5,130,000 lb ft. of torque. This is 12,512 times more torque than the average pickup truck and held a total price of $90 million.

Most of this funding comes from a man named Elon Musk. Elon Musk is the owner of Tesla Automobiles, and he has also raised $1 billion in the SpaceX foundation. Tesla is the biggest electric car manufacturer in the world. Additionally, the main founder of this company is Draper Fisher Jurvetson who has been funding this project from the beginning. Right now, SpaceX has over $900 million dollars which is enough to make ten Falcon Heavy rockets. They are using this money to gain new technologies and also build more rockets.

The NASA SpaceX mission is insane. There are so much technology and funding that goes into them. Some of the best engineers work for SpaceX and help the world discover what is beyond the atmosphere.