Filed under Campus Life

2018 Performance Assembly

Every year, Kraemer hosts a performance assembly in the Valencia auditorium, showcasing their many extracurricular programs. Some examples of these programs include dance team, colorguard, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Hip Hop club,  and many more. This year, the assembly was held on Thursday, May 25th.

On Thursday morning, students who were not performing went to their first period class and took role. Students and teachers then made their way to the Valencia auditorium where they waited for the assembly to start. The first performance was led by Kraemer’s Jazz Band and its band director, Mr. Gunderson. They played the songs, “Blue’s Walk, Get Your Brass Outta Here, A Day in the Life of a Fool, and Birdland.” Once Jazz Band’s performance was over, Vocal Ensemble then made its way onto the stage. They performed two songs, Moana’s “We Know the Way” and “One Call Away” by Charlie Puth, featuring students: Melissa P., Brooklyn M., and Regine M.  After Vocal Ensemble’s jaw-dropping performance, Chamber and Advanced Orchestra played three songs beautifully, all which were conducted by Valencia and Kraemer’s orchestra director, Mr. Topping.  Chamber opened with the song, “Rhythm Dances ” and together, Chamber and Advanced performed “Clocks” and “Seven Dances.” The next group to perform was Performing Band, who played the songs “Million Dreams” from The Greatest Showman and The Incredibles theme song. Once Performing Band had finished, there was a brief intermission, allowing for ASB and the other performing groups to clean up the chairs, stands, and instruments. During this time, Kraemer’s Activities’ Director, Mr. Castro, gave a few announcements and spoke to the crowd.

After the intermission, Kraemer’s  Hip Hop Club then performed, showcasing their choreographed dance created by Ms. Jones. Shortly after, Kraemer’s Dance Team then performed its Jazz routine to the song, “This Will Be An Everlasting Love.” After Dance Team had finished, Kraemer’s Winter Guard performed to the song “Wings” by Little Mix, using their rifles and sabers. When they had finished, ASB then surprised the crowd with a special dance routine to the song, “What Time Is It” featured in the movie: High School Musical. The dance included all of ASB, as well as Kraemer’s Mr. Castro and Ms. Sabia. Once they were done, Dance Team gave the last performance of the assembly and showcased their Hip Hop routine to a remix by the artist, Manolo.

Before being dismissed, Mr. Placencia, Kraemer’s Vice Principal, wowed the crowd with his ability to do push-ups with only his two thumbs and then gave an announcement regarding 8th grade promotion. Students and teachers were then excused back to Kraemer and enjoyed a 30 minute break in the quad.

This year’s performance assembly was an overall very enjoyable experience. Students and teachers were able to enjoy a short break from teaching and learning and were given a chance to learn more about Kraemer and the classes and extracurricular programs it offers.