Filed under Campus Life

Student Spotlight: Erika L.

A picture of Erika L. at an ASB dance

A picture of Erika L. at an ASB dance

A picture of Erika L. at an ASB dance

Erika L. is currently an eighth-grade student attending Kraemer Middle School. At school, Erika is known for being an exciting friend and creating a positive environment everywhere she goes. Although she enjoys every one of her classes, some of her most favorite subjects include Spanish with Mrs. Filipescu because the class isn’t tough and ASB with Mr. Castro because she enjoys helping others. At the same time, Erika’s favorite part of school is hanging out with her friends and seeing her teachers, but she always takes time to meet many new people.

Erika’s family consists of her loving parents, Mark and Kathy, and her adorable younger sister, Erin. Even though Erika currently does not have any pets at the moment, it is her all-time dream to have an adorable Maltipoo puppy. In addition to puppies being her favorite animal, Erika’s favorite foods are noodles like jajangmyeon, ramen, and naengmyeon. She says Neapolitan is the best ice cream flavor because of its flavorful taste. Erika also loves the color baby blue and her favorite books are the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Another fascinating fact about Erika is that she wants to become a doctor in the future because she has a passion for helping others. Despite the fact that she has already traveled to several countries all over the world, she wants to visit Korea again because of its mouth-watering food, high-quality stationery, tax-free environment, and eye-catching hanoks (traditional Korean houses).

During her free time, Erika prefers hanging out with her family and friends or read books. Some after school activities she participates in include tennis and playing the cello. In the future, she hopes to attend an IVY league and get a scholarship from her excellent academics skills. She is currently playing at the Eldorado High School team tennis and is also considering playing tennis in high school. Additionally, Erika volunteers at her church, Living Hope Community Church, by helping to take care of the toddlers and younger children. However, no matter how busy she is, Erika is always willing to make time to assist a friend or classmate.

Erika always has a bright smile and is someone who everyone enjoys being around. According to a seventh grade Kraemer student, Ellen K.,” Erika is so funny, energetic, and the best shakey ever!” So, if you see Erika around campus, make sure to stop and say hi!