Filed under Features

Places That Defy Gravity

when you defying gravity πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘Œ

via Pixabay

via Pixabay

There are many interesting places on Earth, but not many are as mysterious or intriguing as places where gravity does not seem to work. These places are called gravity hills and it has been proven by scientists that places that defy gravity are actually optical illusions. Although these places are optical illusions and are not really places that defy gravity, going to one can be a source of amazement and interest.

The first place that defies gravity is a place located near Kraemer Middle School in Santa Cruz, California. Called Mystery Spot and considered as a gravitational anomaly, visitors can experience being gravity-less. Balls rolling uphill and people leaning on the tip of their toes without falling are some of the things that happen in the 150-foot circular area that called the Mystery Spot. In addition to having the Mystery Spot, there are also hiking trails that visitors can go to. There are 30-minute tours to the Mystery Spot and a ticket costs $8.00 per person while children aged 3 and under are free.

Hoover Dam is also a place where gravity seems to be defied. If a tourist decides to empty his or her water bottle over the side of the dam, the water will go up instead of falling down. Many videos of this trick have been posted on Youtube and the people who have posted these videos say that the updraft wind blows the water up instead of down. Pouring water over the Hoover Dam can be a fun experiment and a very cool video.

The Hoover Dam is not the only place where water is affected by wind causing strange sights. Multiple sightings of upside-down waterfalls have been made all over the world. Powerful updrafts of wind have blown the water from these waterfalls up into the air causing the image of a waterfall going up. Kinder Falls in the United Kingdom, Cliffs of Moher in Ireland, Waipuhia Falls in Hawaii, and RjΓΊkandi Waterfall in Iceland are all some locations that have had people see upside down waterfalls.

β€œGravity hills” are places where strange gravitational abnormalities like cars going uphill and people struggling to go down a hill happen. These nature made wonders have been proven by scientists that they are optical illusions. The scenery around the gravity hill makes it seem as if cars are going uphill, while in reality, they are going down. Psychologists say that these gravity hills work because the horizon is covered in the areas of the gravity hills. Because the horizon is covered, one can not see how other hills look in contrast to the one they are on and this fools the person into thinking that gravity is not happening.

All in all, many of these so-called gravity-defying places are caused by nature and the thinking of the human brain. However, not all of these gravity-defying places have been scientifically explained and it is unknown whether or not gravity does not work in some areas. The world is truly an amazing place filled with many secrets that are waiting to be found.