Filed under Sports

Who Will Win the NBA Playoffs?

Who Will Win the NBA Playoffs?

The favorite time of the year for NBA fans are during the playoffs

Flickr

Flickr

Flickr

The Playoffs are finally here, but before our eyes are quickly fading away. Already into the second round, many predictions can be made to which team will make it all the way to the top. The standout team in the East is Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. After a dominating four game series defeating the number one seeded Toronto Raptors, the Cavs have all the momentum coming into the Eastern Conference finals against either the Boston Celtics or the Philadelphia 76ers. In the West, two powerhouses, the Golden State Warriors, and the Houston Rockets are the favorites to reach the NBA finals. With both teams winning their second-round series 4-1, their Western conference matchup will get as heated as it gets. The NBA 2018 finals are already shaping up to be a clash of the Titans.

In the East lies the remaining two teams of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Boston Celtics. With the Cavs sweeping the Toronto Raptors, and Boston close behind winning against the Philadelphia 76ers in 5 games this Eastern conference finals matchup will be very competitive. Looking at the Boston Celtics roster, it represents a young, fast-paced team with veteran leadership and a defensive anchor in Al Horford. With emerging young rookie Terry Rozier, rookie Jaylen Brown, rookie star Jayson Tatum, veteran leader Al Horford, and center Aron Baynes. An overall well-rounded roster but lacking a superstar who can take over in crunch time situations. On the other hand, the Cleveland Cavaliers have possibly the most dominant player of all time in crunch time in Lebron James. Though the Cavaliers have one of the greatest players of all time, Lebron doesn’t have as much of a balanced roster as the Boston Celtics. With Lebron James, sharpshooter Rodney Hood, Cedi Osman, Jeff Green, and star center Kevin Love. Thought the Boston Celtics look like the more balanced team, Lebron will cause many problems resulting in a Cleveland Cavs series victory in 6 games.

In the West, the two powerhouses in the Golden State Warriors and the Houston Rockets will meet in the Western Conference finals. Looking at the reigning champion Golden State Warriors, their roster looks just as strong as it was last season. With superstar Steph Curry, knock down shooter Klay Thompson, offensive superstar Kevin Durant, defensive hustler Draymond Green, and Zaza Pachulia this team looks like it could be an all-star team. Though the Warriors seem unbeatable at full strength, if any team had a chance to win a series against them it would be the Houston Rockets. The Rockets are a fast paced, run and gun squad with shooters scattered all over the court. With dynamic point guard Chris Paul, MVP candidate James Harden, shooter Trevor Ariza, PJ Tucker, and tenacious rebounder Clint Capela. If the Houston Rockets can play a well-fought series and hit clutch jump shots, they may have a chance to beat the Golden State Warriors. Thought, many things would have to go the Rockets way for them to win, leading for the most likely outcome a Golden State Warriors series victory in 7 games.

So, the finals match up will be the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors, a rematch from the 2017 finals where the Warriors won. Though the Cavs have the most dominant player in the game, it would be a miracle for the East to pull out a victory against the loaded Western conference. Though many of us don’t want to hear it, it is likely that the Golden State Warriors will be the 2018 NBA Champions in a hard fought five game series.

Rylan M., Reporter

Rylan Morio is an 8th grade student at Kraemer Middle School. He plays a multitude of sports and enjoys playing basketball, baseball and football in his...