Filed under Features

Hidden Online Features

Hidden Online Features

Do a hack, go to prison

Do a hack, go to prison

via Flickr

Do a hack, go to prison

via Flickr

via Flickr

Do a hack, go to prison

There are many Easter Eggs in games and movies, but there are also little hidden features online. Hidden features can be found in more than just the online world, but the features on the online world are enjoyable to use and play with.

A very popular hidden feature is called the T-Rex Game, a game people play when google is offline, or someone doesn’t have any internet. The T-Rex Game is one of many different hidden online features most people do not know about.

Most people are aware that when holding down on a single tab, there is the ability to move it around the browser. When holding down the control key and clicking the tabs that are meant to be moved, you can move them all at once. There is also the ability to search certain words or commands into the google search bar, that google will do. For example, when searching “do a barrel roll,” Google’s screen will roll and do the barrel roll. There are many other words that are able to be typed in that cause something fun to happen to the screen. These are, tilt or askew, recursion, zerg rush, conway’s game of life, define anagram, and many many more. Another hidden feature inside Google is whenever searching for something, when adding the minus sign in front of the word that is being searched, it will be removed from the search results. An example would be, when searching for Dan and Phil, searching “-youtube Dan and Phil” Youtube would be excluded from the search results.

Ever wonder what is the answer to life, the universe, and everything? Well according to Google, the answer is 42.

Chuck Norris has many jokes, one that made it into Google. When searching, “find Chuck Norris” in the search bar, and hitting, I’m feeling lucky “Google won’t search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don’t find Chuck Norris, he finds you” will appear.

Hidden online features are fun to use, and also enjoyable to explore and try out. There are all sorts of hidden features and easter eggs in apps that are use everyday, like Instagram and Snapchat. Some are harder to use or find, and others are easier and funnier. These all should be tried out whenever someone is bored, or just wants to explore the internet. Hidden features make it that much more enjoyable to use.