5 Foods To Help You Study

A picture of books being used for studying.

In order to do well in school, the most important tool a student needs is their brain.There are many foods to help student’s brains. Many of these brain foods provide numerous health benefits and contain many antioxidants that support memory and the brain. Not only are these brain foods helpful for studying, but they can also help to improve students’ mood and ability to focus.

Blueberries are healthy and are helping to improve concentration and memory. Specifically, blueberries can help with short-term memory and even delay it.  They are proven to help students to refocus and can even prevent cancer, heart disease, and dementia. Studies show that the antioxidants in blueberries help to stimulate the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain. A part of the antioxidants has been discovered to improve the communication between the brain cells. Blueberries are one of the highest antioxidant-rich foods and can be extremely beneficial for one’s health.

Green tea is soothing and can help students feel more alert. Not only does it contain caffeine to help people stay awake, but it also contains L-theanine. Without a doubt, caffeine will help to stay awake. However, L-theanine increases tranquility, and as a result, releases caffeine slower. This will help people feel a stable increase of energy and not all of the energy at once. Both of these ingredients help students to feel relaxed.  However, it also gives more of an ability to focus and have a longer attention span.

Dark chocolate can help students focus in multiple ways. To start off, the small amount of caffeine it contains can help students to stay alert. Additionally, it contains magnesium which can be beneficial for stress. In the process, it releases endorphins and serotonin, which can improve mood. Also, there are a group of antioxidant plant compounds called flavonoids. They gather up in a section of the brain dealing with learning and memory, this helps to improve memory and even slow down an age-related mental decline. Dark chocolate can improve mood, memory, and alertness significantly.

Avocados are filled with many health benefits including fibers and protein. Avocados contain many vitamins including vitamin K, as well as folate. They can help prevent blood clots in the brain and strokes. Additionally, they contain the highest amount of protein and lowest amount of sugar of any fruit.

Fatty and oily fish is packed with omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 builds brain and nerve cells. The fat is extremely beneficial for memory, can prevent cancer, and kill off tumors. About 60% of the brain is made of fat and half of that is the omega-3 type.For those who don’t want to directly eat this type of food, fish oil can also be found in vitamins and can prove to be beneficial for one’s health.

Many of these foods can be beneficial to health as well as student’s memory and brain.