Filed under Features, Food & Travel

World’s Largest Cruise Ship

In awe at the size of this lad, absolute unit.

via Fox News

via Fox News

Since, June 9, 2017, the MS Symphony of the Seas has held the record of the largest cruise ship in the world. The Symphony of the Seas surpassed her own sister Harmony of the Seas while becoming the fourth ship on the Oasis-class series. Holding up to 6,680 passengers while supporting a 2,200 member crew, the Symphony of the Seas cost a grand total of $1.35 billion.

The Symphony of the Seas is 362 meters (1,188 feet) long, making it only one percent bigger than the Harmony of the Seas. It has a height of 72 meters (238 feet) letting it have 18 decks of rooms. This ship cruises at 22 knots or 25 miles per hour and has a gross tonnage of 228,081.

While designing the Symphony of the Seas, Royal Caribbean took the advice of some of their passengers who went on vacations on previous ships. This is what makes the Symphony of the Seas one of the best ships to ever be created. Symphony has many features and attractions and is easy to find your way through the ship. Symphony is zero to landfill meaning that no waste is left behind. This makes the Symphony of the Seas 25 percent more fuel and energy efficient than another member of the Oasis-class, the Allure of the Seas. The Symphony of the Seas also has many fun things to do for the whole family.

One of their most popular designs is the one of a kind Ultimate Family Suite. It is a top-state room and has a very pricey cost but it doesn’t make the room any less fun. This two-story room has a slide to go downstairs, an air hockey table, a private cinema with a popcorn machine, and a table tennis set on the balcony. Also, the balcony has a whirlpool and the whole room is 1,346 square feet. The main activities are a laser tag attraction called Battle for Planet Z, a production that takes you to a future Mars with the Wright Brothers’ first plane flight on the Kitty Hawk, the Splash Bay, which is a large aqua park, and 3 high speed slides with a giant bowl at the end. The tallest slide on the ship is the Ultimate Abyss which drops 10 decks, there is a pool and sports zone, and two FlowRider surf simulators.

All in all, the Symphony of the Seas is definitely worth paying for. There are many attractions on the cruise itself not including all the destinations that this ship takes you to. The Ultimate Family Suite is one of the designer’s favorites due to the fun and creative aspect of the room. The Symphony of the Seas is the largest ship in the world while being one of the best cruises for family vacations.