Filed under Food & Travel

Cheapest Spring Travel Destinations

A+stunning+view+of+Puerto+Vallarta%27s+beach.+

Cheapest Spring Travel Destinations

A stunning view of Puerto Vallarta's beach.

via Pixabay

via Pixabay

via Pixabay

Spring break is normally one week where students get to take a break from all the stress and worries from school. Most students choose to stay at home and hang out with their family on the weekend for Easter, but wouldn’t it be nice to go on a small, cheap getaway? Surprisingly, there are many affordable places to visit during spring break.

1. Key West

The top 5th place to visit during spring break is Key West. Key West is not too far from Miami, Florida, and is known for the beautiful beaches. One thing that makes this trip cheap is that the airfare is relatively inexpensive and affordable. A ticket this time of year goes for about $100 – $200. Key West is a small beach town that is very exciting, yet relaxing at the same time. There are many shops in Mallory Square, museums, and boat tours. If tourists justwants to relax, there are a multitude of different beaches to choose from to chill and soak up the sun. Also, there is budget friendly hotels which what makes it cheap as well.

1. South Padre Island

South Padre Island is located about 30 miles from the Mexican border and is a super sunny destination. This island is known as a party place where there are tons of parties, celebrities, and DJs partying the night away. What makes this place cheap is the hotels. A tourist would be able to find a hotel less than $100. On the beaches, there are bashes and parties that go all day. There are parks and different beaches to visit as well.

1. New Orleans

New Orleans is well known for their parties as well as its Southern comfort food. Even though airfare may be a bit expensive, the hotels aren’t too costly if staying away from the French Quarter. Bourbon Street is one of the most iconic things about New Orleans. It’s where people party and spend the night out on the street. They offer tours to the French Quarter and the Garden District. The two most popular museums there is the National World War ll Museum and the Backstreet Cultural Museum.

1. Cabo San Lucas

Cabo San Lucas is the 2nd most cheap place to visit during spring break. Traveling to Cabo isn’t very expensive. The hotels and restaurants are very inexpensive and all the beaches are free. Sunbathing and enjoying the beaches first hand is what most tourists do when traveling to Cabo San Lucas. People spend the majority of their time relaxing on the beautiful beaches. Playa del Amor is one of most known beaches in Cabo.

1. Puerto Vallarta

The most affordable place to visit during spring break in Puerto Vallarta. What makes this trip so affordable is the different hotel packages that are very inexpensive. Also, flights are about $350 per ticket and are cheaper when buying in advance. There are many activities to do when in PV. Tourists can take a bus or taxi to Malecon, which is a boardwalk that runs down to Banderas Bay. Also, there are gorgeous beaches to visit and visit Vallarta Botanical Gardens

As anyone could tell, there are many great, cheap places to visit during spring break. Whether it be partying in South Padre or relaxing on the beautiful beaches in Cabo San Lucas. All in all, there are such affordable and amazing places to go and see during spring break.      

Tori P., Editor - Opinion

Tori P. is an 8th grader currently attending Kraemer Middle School. She is proud to be a WEB leader and apart of NJHS. In her free time Tori adores writing,...