Xbox vs Playstation

Xbox verses PS4.

Xbox verses PS4.

via Flickr

via Flickr

Xbox verses PS4.

The Xbox and Playstation are the prominent gaming consoles in the world that almost all kids love. These two consoles have the ability to play games with friends, play online, and much more. Sports games, first person shooters, and many others can be played on either piece of technology; however, many children and even adults prefer one console over the other because of the controllers and the  lag.

It’s hard to believe that both the Xbox 1 and PS4 have been able to withstand the test of time because of how advanced technology is. However, Microsoft and Sony are not making completely new devices. For example, the change between the Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 was incredible but the 1 to the 1S was relatively the same with a few minor tweaks. The same goes for Playstation as the PS4 Pro was not a big change from the original. Furthermore, both the Xbox 1S and PS4 Pro have enhanced graphics, 4k abilities, and much more.

The slight differences between the two consoles often are the reasons why the buyers choose one or the other. The PS4 is slightly more pricey at $300-350 while a new Xbox can be bought at around $250-300. According to multiple sources, the Playstation performs better and is more powerful than the Xbox 1. Also, the PS4 is smaller and weighs 2 pounds less than the Xbox 1. When these two consoles were first released, the Playstation actually costed less and was clearly the better option. In addition to this, the Playstation controllers have curved triggers and a sensitive touchpad that makes written messages faster and easier. However, the Xbox 1 X has been known to perform just as well, if not better than the PS4 pro, has more storage, and the maximum price is over $100 cheaper. The Xbox triggers are larger than the Playstation’s which is good for shooting games such as the most popular game of 2018, Fortnite.

Based on gamers reviews and websites comparing and contrasting the two consoles, Sony’s Playstation 4 overall tops Microsoft’s Xbox 1. Even though the Xbox is currently cheaper and the Xbox 1 X could top the PS4 Pro, the power, size, and the speed of the PS4 makes it the best option for casual gamers around the world.