Unique Art Galleries

Louvre+museum+in+Paris++
Louvre museum in Paris

Louvre museum in Paris

via pixabay

via pixabay

Louvre museum in Paris

Representation, expression, and form is what makes up art. Art can be found in different forms like photography, sculpture, installation art, performance art, mixed media, craft, and design. Art can also be found in unique art galleries and museums.

The Louvre is the world’s biggest museum with some of the best masterpieces and located in Paris. The Louvre is visited by 9.3 million visitors a year because of its collection of over 35,000 valued masterpieces and antiques. The Louvre is especially unique because it wasn’t originally a museum. It was first built to be a fortress. The Louvre is thought to be haunted by a mummy called Belphegor. The Louvre museum is one of a kind.

The Pace Gallery in New York is very unique. It was first founded in 1960 in Boston. Later, in 1963 it moved to Manhattan. The Pace Gallery now has galleries all over the world including Hong Kong and Paris. Pace is very unique because of it’s spaces specially dedicated to prints and African art.

The Acropolis Museum is Athens, Greece is authentic. The museum has more than 300 exhibits.

The Acropolis exhibits Greek’s old treasures. It is a very unique museum because the art tells the story of life on the Athenian Acropolis. Its surroundings unite collections formerly dispersed in multiple institutions such as the small Acropolis Museum built in the 19th century. This museum mostly contains statues.

The British museum is located in London, England, and it is Britain’s largest museum. This museum looks after the national collection of archaeology and ethnography. In this museum, there are more than 8 million objects. The objects range from prehistoric bones to chunks of Athens’ Parthenon. It also has Assyrian palace rooms and elegant gold jewels. The main attraction is the Egyptian gallery that is the world’s second finest collection of Egyptian antiques outside of Egypt which also includes the Rosetta Stone.

The largest museum in the Western Hemisphere is The NY Metropolitan Museum of Art. This museum has a collection of more than two million items. The main attraction in the Metropolitan museum is the Adam and Eve artwork. The paintings that stand out more are their European paintings. The museum also has an Egyptian collection that showcases the tomb of Perneb and the beautiful Temple of Dendur. The Metropolitan also contains American arts and crafts.

Most of these artworks are historical and are treasures. These art galleries and museums are unique in their own ways. All of these museums showcase art galleries that have a story to each individual painting.