Filed under Food & Travel, Showcase

Seasons Kitchen USA

A+picture+of+Malaysian+food%2C+which+is+what+Seasons+Kitchen+USA+serves.+
A picture of Malaysian food, which is what Seasons Kitchen USA serves.

Via Wikimedia Commons

Via Wikimedia Commons

Season’s Kitchen USA brings a dash of Malaysian culture and food to Orange County. The small restaurant is located in Euclid Plaza Shopping Center in Anaheim and is surrounded by many other Asian shops and eateries. Among all of the other restaurants, Seasons Kitchen is one of the most charming.

The staff is very friendly and the owner, Khim Teoh, teaches ukulele lessons on at the restaurant on Tuesday nights from 6-8pm. She is at the restaurant every day except for Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings. As well as owning Seasons Kitchen USA, Teoh is a UC Irvine alum and teaches at the Academy for the Blind in Whittier. Her husband, Soon Teoh, cooks the delicious food in the kitchen.

The menu consists mostly of pork and poultry dishes, all of them being of Malaysian or Chinese origin. One of their most popular dishes is char sui, a sweet candy-like pork. Another favorite is their roasted pork that has crunchy skin. Their chicken legs can be prepared in two different ways: roasted to a mahogany burnish or steamed to a Hainan style. All of these mouth-watering choices can be served with jasmine rice or egg noodles doused in broth.

Amid the food, the mom-and-pop restaurant also serves tasty desserts. Many customers order happy roti after their filling meal. Happy roti is an amazing blend of hot and cold. The dessert consists of fresh, off-the-plan Malaysian flatbread and is topped off with two scoops of ice cream: one of coconut pandan and one of jackfruit cashew. The colorful dessert is then sprinkled with coconut flakes and served straight to the customer to enjoy. On the weekends, homemade bite-sized Malaysian treats made of tapioca and rice is served.

The ambiance of Seasons Kitchen USA gives off cheerful and relaxing vibes. Malaysian music is played in the background and sometimes Ms. Teoh herself will play the ukulele and sing while customers are enjoying their meal. The restaurant is very clean and maintained with Malaysian decor all around. There are even booklets and brochures to visit Malaysia on the tables!

Overall, Seasons Kitchen is a great Malaysian restaurant to visit and have a meal at. The food is scrumptious, the environment gives customers a taste of Malaysia, and the customer service is amazing. The restaurant is open every day from 11:00 in the morning to 8:30 at night. Be sure to stop by Seasons Kitchen USA at 641 N Euclid St to eat and enjoy Malaysian cuisine and culture with friends and family!