Filed under Campus Life

Student Spotlight : Lizzell H.

A photo of Lizzell H.

A photo of Lizzell H.

Alexandra S.

Alexandra S.

A photo of Lizzell H.

Attending Kraemer Middle School, Lizzell is currently a 7th grader. She has an amazing personality, and is a fun and playful person to be around. She has played the violin for a total of 4 years and now plays classical and mariachi music. She has been part of mariachi classes since she started and she’s even in chamber orchestra for one of her electives.

Lizzell’s mariachi classes have allowed her to be able to participate in competitions where she would have to travel a far distance to compete. Her next performance will be on March 9-11 in San Diego to sing and play her violin for a competition she will be attending. One of her performances required her to sing and play in front of about 2000 people! She does admit she gets a little nervous when she’s about to perform, but before that, she tells herself, “I’m the show and I must try my best to be entertaining!” She even spends an hour, everyday, practicing her violin!

Her electives are chamber orchestra and AVID. She gets great grades, but when her grades are slowly going down, she tries her best trying to raise them back up by attending and making up her work during PRIDE.

Lizzell is part of a family of 6. She has a mother and a father. As for being the youngest out of her siblings she has 2 older brothers, who are 27 and 26, and a older sister who is 20. She has a big heart for animals, so she loves playing around with her 6 pets.  Lizzell loves to look after her four dogs, her parrot, and cat.

When Lizzell gets bored, she would rather be on her phone, read, or draw. One of her favorite books that she loves to read is called Hiroshima. When she goes on her phone, she either listens to music, goes on social media, or spends some time on YouTube.

Lizzell’s  favorite teachers are her music teacher, Mr. Topping, and her social science teacher, Mrs. Watson. She chose Mr. Topping and Mrs. Watson as her favorite teachers because she says they are patient, they make her laugh, and they give her cool opportunities!

Lizzell is a very fun, playful, and energetic person to be around. Lizzell always looks up when things around her are bad and she tries her best on keeping her grades up! She loves all of her friends and treasures them as though they are a part of her family!