Filed under Opinion

Kennedy and Reagan Ranked As Best Presidents?

John F. Kennedy , 35th President of the U.S.

Wikipedia

Wikipedia

Wikipedia

There have been 45 United States Presidents from the years 1789- 2018. Many of them are known for what they did to improve the American society, while some are known for what they did wrong. For some reason, Presidents John F. Kennedy, and  President Ronald W. Reagan have been voted as the best Presidents America has ever known. The question is, for what reasons are these two presidents voted as the best, and are they actually the best Presidents from the U.S.?

President John F. Kennedy. Born on May 29 to parents Joseph P. Kennedy Sr, and Rose Kennedy in Brookline, Massachusetts in the year 1917. Kennedy grew up with 8 other siblings: 3 brothers, and 5 sisters. He was raised under the idea of politics, as well as wealth. Throughout his childhood, his grandfather was the mayor of Brookline Massachusetts. Also, both his parents came from wealthy Boston families to support their children through schooling to help them be successful.

John Kennedy became President in the year 1961. During his presidency, ary reign he created peace between various countries such as Cuba, Vietnam, and many others. He also, led a renewed drive for public service and eventually provided federal support for the growing civil rights movement. Kennedy was on his way to so much more; however, unfortunately his devastating assassination on November 22, 1963  made that vision impossible. He is still known today however as one of the greatest presidents America has ever known.

Someone who America also loved was President Ronald W. Reagan. He grew up in Tampico, Illinois with his parents Jack Reagan, Nelle Wilson Reagan, and his brother Neil Reagan. Unlike President Kennedy, Reagan grew up in circumstances that were very unfortunate. His father was always trying to establish a business somewhere, and moved the family town to town looking for work. However, this didn’t stop President Reagan from enjoying his childhood years. He was nicknamed “Dutch” because of his love for solitude, and also enjoyed reading, nature, and especially sports. There was some challenges during his childhood years that prevented his family from doing many things.

The family was not only poor, but Reagan’s father Jack Reagan also had an alcohol problem. Through most of his childhood, his mother was the stability for the household. However in Reagan’s later years he became a famous actor and acted in many movies watched by people all around the globe. Reagan decided to run for president after and was elected in 1981 and had many accomplishment while in charge of America. Many of his achievements are as follows. He cut taxes, increased defense spending, negotiated a nuclear arms reduction agreement with the Soviets and is credited with helping to bring a quicker end to the Cold War. Reagan survived an assassination attempt in the year 1981, but died at the age of 93 due to Alzheimer’s disease. Reagan truly did many great things as the president of America, and is the other president America thinks did incredible during his presidency ary reign.

Both of these presidents accomplished great things when they were in charge of the US. Both, did great things and did a lot of good for America. These two presidents are definitely the most memorable presidents America has ever had. They worked hard to earn the title they were given, and will be remembered by America has great presidents. They both truly will leave a legacy America will always remember.           

Lois H., Reporter

Lois H. is a 7th grader at Kraemer Middle School. Her favorite subject in school is science because she loves to learn about chemical reactions. After...