Filed under Features

The Pope Gets A Lamborghini

The pope pulls up to Sunday sermon in this, wyd?

Recently, Pope Francis was gifted with a special edition Lamborghini Huracan. The two strike a startling figure: the Pope in his white cassock and the white gleam of the Lamborghini. The Pope planned to auction off the Lamborghini for a price more than twice the regular. The resulting money is going to go to three different charities and one of them, the Pope John XXIII Community Association, fights human trafficking by setting up hostels to house street criminals. The next charity will provide medical care in Africa and Middle East. The last charity works towards restoring the Christian communities in Iraq that were obliterated by ISIS. In 2014, the Pope had a Harley Davidson motorcycle auctioned off for charity, too, and it sold for more than $284,000, and the normal price is close to $28,000! Another Harley motorcycle jacket also signed by the pope sold for nearly $68,000.

The Lamborghini Huracan is a sport car replacing the previous Lamborghini flagship, the V10, or Gallardo. Its name comes from a Spanish fighting bull, and Huracan was known for its courage when he fought in 1879. The name also comes from the Mayan god of wind, storm, and fire. It can accelerate from zero to a hundred km/h in 2.9 seconds and 100 to 200 km/h in 6 seconds. It’s top speed is 202 miles per hour. Its engine has 610 metric horsepower and the Huracan has a price tag of more than $200,000The price would increase more because the Pope signed and blessed it.

Pope Francis has a reputation for being humble and emphasizing on God’s mercy. He also shunned fancy, bullet proof cars and instead rode in modest Fiats and KIAs. The pope likes to ride about Buenos Aires, his native town, on public transport and has long rebuked people that use the latest cars and cellphones. The Pope had renounced the traditional papal limousine, instead riding in a blue Ford Focus. Pope Francis has long promoted religious equality.

In conclusion, Pope Francis had received a very special and expensive Lamborghini Huracan and after he sighed and blessed it, it was sold for nearly ten times its price! This is another mark of the Pope’s humility and giving nature. The Pope, in the future, will continue to give the money from auctions to charities.