Black Panther Review

Black Panther actor Chadwick Boseman

Black Panther actor Chadwick Boseman

Via Flickr

Via Flickr

Black Panther actor Chadwick Boseman

Throughout the history Marvel Studios’ cinematic collection, it has excelled at creating captivating, action packed films which make the viewer feel they are in the alternate universe that the movie takes place in. Black Panther is no exception as not only does it embrace diversity and representation, but is a film with a message to say. It’s enthralling, comedic, and full of spectacle, but also a turning point for the Marvel franchise. A point were Marvel Studios recognizes that there movies can be more than just adding to the storyline of the Marvel universe. In the process, the studio has creating one of the most captivativating films in its entire universe.

Black Panther picks up in the aftermath of Captain America: Civil War, where audiences were first introduced to Prince T’Challa, also known as Black Panther. Still recovering from his father’s death, T’Challa returns to his homeland of Wakanda, where he will carry out his father’s legacy as king. The country of Wakanda is hidden from the outside world. It is an advanced country with technological wizardry, which come from a secret ore called vibranium. This rare ore is almost exclusively found in Wakanda and is the fuel for their technological discoveries. With help of a force field blocking signals and people from the outside world, Wakanda pretends to be a primitive country hiding its advancements.

Though notorious weapons dealer Ulysses Klaue knows of the country’s secretive technology and has secured some vibranium which he plans to craft into new weaponry he can sell. His partner in crime, Erik Killmonger, is a former U.S. military operative who is knowledgeable in the Wakanda culture himself. King T’Challa is skeptical of Klaue and Killmonger’s whereabouts, so he sends a team to investigate. This leads to an epic battle for the throne of Wakanda, with the pride and secrets of the country hanging in the balance.

Black Panther is truly the grown up Marvel movie entertainment was waiting for. With entertaining fight scenes, a developed plot, and a message to go with it, Black Panther is one of the best movies Marvel Studios has produced in a while. The supporting cast is also stellar almost stealing the show from Chadwick Boseman himself. Danai Gurira, Lupita Nyong’o, Andy Serkis, Forest Whitaker, and Angela Bassett combine to create a relatable, captivating cast. In the end, Black Panther is a must see movie filled with action and comedy fit for the whole family.