Filed under Sports

Tom Brady’s Career

Tom Brady’s Career

Tom Brady, starting quarterback for the New England Patriots

via Wikipedia

via Wikipedia

via Wikipedia

Tom Brady is said to be the best player of this generation and is known as the G.O.A.T, greatest of all time. He plays for the New England Patriots, as their starting quarterback. He has received many nicknames for many milestones and achievements throughout his career.

His full name is Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. He was born on August 3, 1977, in San Mateo, CA, and he is 40 years old. He attended Michigan University. His height is 6’4, and as a QB this helps him very much because he needs to be able to see over the lineman to throw the ball accurately. His spouse’s name is Gisele Bundchen, and they have three  children, Vivian Lake Brady, Benjamin Brady, and John Edward Thomas Moynahan. He was in the 2000 draft, was drafted in the 6th round as the 199th pick, and he is considered to be one of the biggest steals in NFL history. Even though he was drafted late, he has proven to be one of the top Quarterbacks.

He has numerous great achievements. For example, he has won 5x Super Bowls all on the same team, 4-time Super Bowl MVP, 3-time NFL MVP, multiple Pro Bowl picks, and so many more. He even played with Randy Moss, All- Star Wide Receiver, which helped him and  his team. Throughout his entire career Tom Brady has had 63.9 completion, 66,159 passing yards, 488 touchdowns, 160 interceptions, and a quarterback rating of 97.6. Tom Brady has gone 52 games with 1 or more touchdowns, which is the 2nd most in history.

In the Super Bowl Coach Belichick sat star cornerback Malcolm Butler. Tom Brady tweeted to him after Malcolm posted a Tweet expressing himself, that he will always be an incredible player and friend no matter what. Because Tom Brady is getting old, the Patriots had Jimmy Garoppolo, the QB for the 49ers, but then suddenly Belichick traded him for a second round draft pick which was questioned by many people.

Tom Brady has had five injuries throughout his entire career. In September 7, 2008 Tom Brady tore his ACL and it was a level 3 tear. In November 7, 2010 he had a pedal foot fracture. In September 4, 2014 he  had a calf strain that was not very good. In October 10, 2014 he had a pedal strain which wasa grade 1. And lastly in January 2018 he Lacerated his hand. So Tom Brady has had one of the most amazing quarterback career in the NFL history.  

Nick G., Reporter

Nick is an 8th grader at KMS located in Placentia. He likes to play sports like football and basketball. He plays on a football team called the Brea Wildcats....