Hayley Williams Spotlight

Hayley+Williams+
Hayley Williams

Hayley Williams

Hayley Williams

Have you ever heard of Paramore? If so, you probably know about Hayley Williams. She is the lead singer of this popular band. Hayley’s wild personality has caught the attention of the media and has gained her and her band a huge fan base all around the world.

Hayley Nichole Williams was born December 27, 1988, in Meridian, Mississippi. At the age of 13, she moved from her home town in Mississippi to Franklin Tennessee where she met her soon to be band members, Josh Farro and Zac Farro.   

Two years later, 15-year-old Hayley created the band Paramore, which currently includes guitarist Taylor York, drummer Zac Farro, and Hayley Williams as lead singer and pianist. Both Josh and Zac had previously left the band in 2010, but Zac later returned in 2017.  Paramore has been a big part of Hayley’s success. Before Paramore was an official band, Hayley had taken lessons with Brett Manning. Brett had worked with artists including Taylor Swift, Keith Urban, and Miley Cyrus in the past. On July 06, 2005 Paramore released their first album named All We Know is Falling.  Paramore is considered a rock band as it is widely liked by teens, and young adults. After their first album, they recorded five more albums, excluding EP’s and live albums. Paramore has won many awards, including a Grammy for Best Rock Song, three Teen Choice Awards one for Choice Rock Song, the other for Choice Rock Group, and Teen Choice Award for Choice Music: Album Rock. They also won a People’s Choice Award for Choice Rock Group and a Radio Disney Music Award. Paramore’s “Decode” and “I Caught Myself” songs were both in the Twilight soundtrack.

Hayley is currently 29 years old and is still making music. Paramore’s latest album After Laughter was released May 17, 2017 and includes songs like “Hard Times,”  “Fake Happy,” “Told You So,” and “Rose Colored Boy,” all of which have music videos. Their most recent music video was for “Rose-Colored Boy,” which was released February 5, 2018.

Overall, Hayley is a future rock legend; with her edge look grabbing the attention of young rock lovers all around the world. She is also loved by many celebrities including BoB, Bea Miller, and Demi Lovato. Her fun and crazy hair colors have made her stand out in crowds and the media. She has accomplished many things on her own and with her band.