Upcoming Tech in 2018

via Pexels

via Pexels

The year 2017 is long gone, so what will the new year bring to the tech world? Some new, ground-breaking gadgets and devices were demoed and displayed at The International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. The following technology is a preview of what consumers will see later on this year.

Augmented reality: Like being in an Iron Man suit or playing Pokemon Go on a cell phone, augmented reality overlaps a computer-generated image onto the real, physical world. With Apple’s new ARKit, IOS apps allow users to map out a room and change the lighting to make furniture blend in with its surroundings. AR could possibly be the next big thing in the shopping business and in taking selfies.

Electric Virtual Reality Suits: These virtual reality suits will provide amazing gaming experiences. When getting shot or shooting a gun in a video game, the suit will give little static shocks to that area of the player’s body. If gamers don’t mind the not so comforting and more realistic experience of playing, then they’ll love using an electric virtual reality suit while playing their favorite games.

Nanorobots For Patients: This year, microscopic, edible robots could be approved by a doctor to eat plaque in people’s arteries or to insert essential vitamins into the bloodstream. The nanobots could just crawl down someone’s throat and eat harmful substances in that person’s body.

Self-driving and Electric Cars: Car companies are planning to convert over to newer technology. Hyundai has promised to premiere a hydrogen fuel powered SUV this year. This may sound ridiculous but, Nissan is planning to make their cars more responsive by reading the driver’s brainwaves. The Nissan cars will be equipped with a brainwave-reading headset that will predict when the steering wheel turns or when the gas pedal is pressed.

Smart Homes: Companies such as Miliboo and Crownstone are inventing technology that makes life more convenient and healthy. Crownstone plug adapters have a setting that allows the lights to turn on when someone enters the room. Miliboo created a smart sofa that tracks it’s owner’s TV-watching habits. The sofa also wirelessly charges tablets and handsets, while monitoring the owner’s posture.

With augmented reality, electric VR suits, nanobots for healthcare, self-driving cars, and smart homes coming soon to the public, there will be many things to get excited about. Overall, the year 2018 will surely be a year of many technological advancements and discoveries.