Donald Trump Hands Out Fake News Awards

Donald+Trump
Donald Trump

Donald Trump

Donald Trump

On Wednesday, January 23, Trump’s long-promised fake news awards were released on Twitter and a malfunctioning GOP website. Donald Trump has been known for his quirky responses and devastating insults. These fake news awards were just another one of Trump’s playful insults. When the GOP website was back online millions clicked on the article.

First, it was released to the public with the title, “The Highly anticipated 2017 Fake News Awards.” On the GOP website, it continued to show false claims that news channels have made about Donald Trump’s presidency. In the ”Fake News” list they have included major mainstream media outlets like CNN, The New York Times, ABC News, TIME, Washington Post, and Newsweek. Each article has a mention in the list posted, CNN coming in first with 4 mentions of false news reports, New York Times coming in 2nd with 2 mentions, ABC, TIME, Washington Post, and Newsweek came in last with one mention apiece.

Donald Trump and the GOP have decided that the following news reports from CNN were false: CNN reported that both Donald Trump and his son had access to hacked documents from Wikileaks which was false. Next, The GOP has claimed that CNN showing a video of Trump overfeeding koi fish in front of the Japanese Prime minister, is false and said the video was edited to make it seem as such. CNN falsely reported that a financial entrepreneur named Anthony Scaramucci had a meeting with Russians. Finally, CNN falsely reported that former FBI director James Comey disagrees with Trump’s claim that he is not under investigation.

After CNN, the runner-up is the New York Times, with two mentions of falsely reported news. The first was stating that Trump would crash the economy creating an all-time low. Next, they claimed that New York Times falsely said that Trump and the GOP were not releasing a climate report. After, it is TIME with one mention, saying that they falsely reported that Trump removed a statue of Martin Luther King from the oval office. Next is Washington Post which falsely released pictures of an empty rally for Trump, however it was quite the opposite, as the stadium was actually packed full of people who support Trump. Newsweek was next on the list, the GOP said that Newsweek falsely reported that the Polish First Lady did not shake Trump’s hand. Finally, ABC’s one mention was actually a consequence of a false report, because of ABC’s false report it sent the market into a massive downward spiral.

Donald Trump is unpredictable and slightly unprofessional in the way he governs, but this list was meant to just be another one of Trump’s witty responses to the news. The listed “Fake News” reports in this article are not meant to offend or insult any news companies.