Filed under Campus Life, Showcase

Kraemer Kickoff

ASB+students+working+hard+on+the+dance+preparations.+
ASB students working hard on the dance preparations.

via Ms. Smith

via Ms. Smith

On February 2nd, ASB will host the second dance of the year and the first dance of 2018! The name is Kraemer Kickoff, which is very fitting due to the sports theme. Tickets will be on sale this Tuesday through Friday: before school, during break, and during lunch for $5. Remember to bring your student ID card when buying the tickets and when entering the dance. The dance will be from 3:30 to 5:30 pm, full of exciting sports theme games and activities.  

As fun as the last dance was back in October, ASB has worked extra hard to include new games, activities, and items to buy. A new addition to this dance is a student store, where students will be able to purchase items such as mini foam fingers, inflatable sports balls, stress balls, and much more. Students will also get the chance to try the new Prize Spinning Wheel, where tickets won from games can be used to spin the wheel for prizes. The final prize-winning game is called, “lollipop.” Here students take out lollipops to find the gold tip, which earns them a prize.

If students do not feel like dancing, there are always the options of playing the games set up by ASB. For example, similar to the last dance there will be a karaoke room for those that want to sing. The dance room will be transformed into an obstacle course in which the students can race in. One of the games set up by ASB is called “Pin Lavar on the Ball,” which is similar to pin the tail on the donkey, except students are putting Lavar on a ball. The second game is a fusion of both ping pong and basketball, where people have tried to throw a ping pong into a cup. The rest of the games will be left a secret in order to let the students experience the fun.

Similar to most dances, there will be a variety of junk food for the students to purchase here at the dance, so bringing money to the dance is highly recommended.

As Kraemer reaches the halfway point in the 2017-2018 year, students should go out and experience the dance put up by the hardworking ASB members. Not only have they worked hard to set up the dance, but they have also put much thought into what the students here at Kraemer would want.