Filed under Features

Top 5 Mysterious Places On Earth

sp0Oky bendy trees in Poland

sp0Oky bendy trees in Poland

sp0Oky bendy trees in Poland

Dozens of mysterious places remain on Earth unexplained. Even with the help of science and the knowledge of historians, there are some regions that refuse to give up their mystique. Here is a list of the top 5 mysterious places on Earth that scientists and historians, as well as normal civilians, just can’t seem to figure out.

Crooked Forest, Poland

The Crooked Forest is located outside Nowe Czarnowo, West Pomerania, Poland. It consists of hundreds of pine trees that are all bent at a 90-degree angle at the base. It then has a sideways excursion that ranges from three to nine feet and curves back to an upright position to make a shape that resembles an upside-down question mark. The method and motive of these strangely shaped trees are still unknown, but many believe that it was sculpted by human hands when it was first planted in the 1930’s. Other theories include the effects of a strong snowstorm or abnormally strong gravitational pull in the area. However, no one knows what happened to these trees.

The Bermuda Triangle, Atlantic Ocean

The Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Devil’s Triangle, is a triangular area in the Atlantic Ocean that has been reported for unexplainable disappearances of ships, planes, and people. It covers the area between the tip of Florida, Bermuda, and Puerto Rico. Many people think of the Bermuda Triangle as an imaginary place on Earth, and even the U.S Board of Geographic Names does not recognize it. However, there are numerous accidents that have happened in the region. There are many theories that range from ancient sea monsters to alien abductions, but scientists are beginning to believe that these disappearances are due to hexagonal clouds that can create 170 mph air bombs that are capable of sinking ships and downing planes.

Moguicheng, China

Moguicheng, also known as the city of the devil, is located in the desert of Xinjiang. It attracts many people with its beautiful mounds of various heights. However, visitors claim to have heard mysterious sounds coming from nowhere. They have stated that gentle breezes carry sounds that resemble millions of tinkling bells or a guitar that is being lightly strung across the region. When there are strong gusts of wind, visitors declare that they have heard sounds of women screaming, children crying, elephants trumpeting, and lions roaring. When the sky turns dark, visitors say that animals and people start mourning across the area. It is unknown what causes these range of sounds. As technology fails to come up with a valid reason, people of China are beginning to believe that it is the doing of fairies and ghosts.

Richat Structure, Sahara Desert

The Richat Structure, more commonly known as the Eye of the Sahara, is a circular area in the Sahara Desert with a diameter of about 25 miles. It was discovered from one of the earliest space missions and has carbonatite rocks that date back to around 99 million years ago. At first, scientists believed that it was formed from a meteorite impact, but now it is believed to be a symmetrical uplift caused by erosion. However, the real reason that leads to the development of this circular area is still undiscovered.

Teotihuacan, Mexico

Teotihuacan is a large archeological site northeast of Mexico City that was built by hand more than thousands of years ago. However, when the Aztecs happened to cross the site, they remained and eventually became the inhabitants of the city which they named Teotihuacan. They believed that the city was a gift from the gods. Since the discovery, scientists have been trying to find out the founders of this place. They have found that it has a mixture of the Mayan, Mixtec, and Zapotec culture, but failed to discover the real makers of the city. Some believe that a big volcanic eruption forced tribes to work together in an evacuated area while others believe it is simply a structure of the Toltec or Totonac.

There are many more mysteries lurking around the world, waiting to be explained. Whether it is through more advanced technology or new historical discoveries, many people are hoping to find the answer to these hidden secrets.