Filed under Features

Top 5 Oddest Expensive Items

how to buy a gold-plated monopoly board

how to buy a gold-plated monopoly board

via Flickr

via Flickr

how to buy a gold-plated monopoly board

Many people dream of owning a vast wealth that lets them buy whatever they want, and whenever they want. From luxurious sports cars to grandiose homes, the options are endless for the neverending list of what we want. But sometimes, items are priced at a painstakingly high value, and no one is expected to buy them, well that is unless they own so much money they don’t know what to do with it.    

Yalos Diamond LCD TV

The Yalos LCD TV is considered the world’s most expensive TV. Although many buyers usually look for a large screen, high resolution, and the perfect sound system, the wealthy look for different details. In this case, they would be looking for a white gold plating on the edges of the screen, with 160 diamonds totaling 20 carats, and a glass base holding up the tv. The total price of this flashy tv is $130,000.

Barbie Dolls

Barbie Dolls have been at almost every toy store or mall for decades now playing a critical role in a child’s life. But in case the rich wanted to gift their children with something a little bit more special, they could purchase the custom designed Barbie Doll. As normal as it may seem at first the real value lies at the necklace of the Barbie, which contains one-carat pink diamond. The total cost of this pimped out Barbie costs between $300,000 to $500,000, but at least the money will be the donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Monopoly

Board games have been around for generations and Monopoly has made it contributes to being one of the most successful and popular board games to date. For those that feel as if creating a mega empire in a game isn’t enough, the truly rich can upgrade to a full gold Monopoly board containing hundreds of gemstones, diamond dice, and gold lamented cards for the overall price of 2 million dollars.

Coffee derived from poop    

As weird as the product sounds, Kopi Luwak coffee is produced from the civet, a small squirrel-like creature, when it digests the coffee berry it eats. As the newest craze, Kopi Luwak Coffee has a stronger and richer flavor due to the berries it eats and the digestive juices in its body. As the most expensive cup of coffee, every pound of dung is $600.

Concrete Doorstep

Coming in the number one spot is simply a concrete doorstep shaped like an Alvar Aalto Savoy Vase. The original cast of the concrete is shaped in an original Aalto vase, which is later cracked to get the doorstep. For something as simple as something that can be found at the side of the road, this doorstep is in front of some mansion door pricing at $3500.    

The saying “money doesn’t buy happiness” is a popular saying used by those to convince people that money can’t buy everything. Although this may be true, there are things in this world that may be just so odd, that it is only purchasable with great wealth.