Filed under Food & Travel

5 Best Places to Eat In Orange County

A plate of sushi.

A plate of sushi.

A plate of sushi.

When people want something to eat, where do they go?? Maybe a local hangout, but for wanting to try something new, here are five restaurants that will please most hungry tummies. All are located in Orange County; they are kind of expensive but it’s better to pay for quality. They all have a delicious menu and touch all parts of the food world including, Mexican and Japanese cuisine.

Studio
Studio Restaurant is located in Laguna Beach’s Montage. This restaurant features modern French cuisine with hints of Californian flair. The menu includes caviar, sauteed king salmon and duck breast, grilled oysters, and much more. The prices are very expensive, caviar itself was $250 and the lowest price is $25 but customers are paying for quality and taste. Food cooked in this restaurant cooked is cooked with the some of the best attention to detail. The ingredients come from local farms, meaning that the restaurant uses fresh produce. Plus customers get a beautiful view of the beach and ocean. It seems others that agree that it is a great place to eat because reviews on Google are mostly positive and the restaurant was given an overall 4.2-star rating.

Sushi Noguchi

Located in Yorba Linda, Sushi Noguchi is a modern sushi restaurant founded by chef Hiro Noguchi. They have some of the best Wagyu steaks from Japan. Wagyu is a type of steak with intense fat marbling. It’s very expensive but worth the price. The menu will vary from day to day because of the fact that the fish is fresh and the menu is innovative. When going to Sushi Noguchi, customers should expect to spend a decent chunk of money but also receive a lot of bang for their buck. It has a 4.4-star rating and has received many positive reviews.

Taco Maria

Taco Maria, a restaurant in Costa Mesa, serves up Mexico with an American twist. Chef Carlos Salgado opened Taco Maria in 2013, and he wanted to cook Alta California food. Alta California is Mexican food with hints of American flavors. This restaurant was named after the fact that all the women in the chef’s family have the proper name Maria, and it goes back for generations. Chef Carlos Salgado is a Michelin-starred chef with a reputation for incredible food. He has won many awards for his accomplishments in cooking. They have carnitas, cheese tamales, and a 4.5 rating.

Napa Rose

Taking a trip to Disneyland’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa is needed for those who want to eat at this restaurant. Napa Rose is upscale Californian cooking. Head Chef Andrew Sutton has been working at Napa Rose for over 10 years. Ever since it opened in 2002, Napa Rose has received a number of awards from esteemed organizations including the Wine Spectator, Zagat, the Southern California Restaurant Writers, and the Orange County Business Journal. Customers can expect to be served the best of the best food across Orange County if they go to Napa Rose.

The Hobbit

Want a taste of French cuisine? Stop by the Hobbit. A different type of restaurant, the Hobbit will make customers feel at home because of the dining rooms. The meal lasts four hours and customers are expected to follow the restaurant’s dress code. First, the meal starts off with drinks. Second, customers are served shellfish or fish, light meat, and salad. After this, people are allowed a ten to 15-minute break to take a walk, talk to the chefs, or lounge. Then they are served a sorbet of some sorts, the main course, and dessert.The Hobbit has one of the highest ratings across OC with 4.7.

As customers will see, these restaurants well deserve their awards and ratings. With some of best chefs across America, these restaurants and their staff work hard every day to provide the freshest quality meals. Some of them are trying to bring back old ways of cooking such as the Hobbit while others are adding a modern twist to Mexican classics, Taco Maria. These places definitely are worth the trip.