YouTubers Who Have Gained Fame in 2017

Liza+Koshy+
Liza Koshy

Liza Koshy

Liza Koshy

YouTube is a website that was created in February of 2005. Since its creation, YouTube’s fame has only grown. Users who post on YouTube, also known as YouTubers, can make a living out of making videos and posting them. 2017 has been a year in which many new YouTubers have gained popularity for doing simple reaction videos, to crazy stunts. Here are some of the YouTubers who have gained fame in 2017.

Liza Koshy

Elizabeth Shaila Koshy, better known as Liza Koshy, is a 21 year old YouTube, Musical.ly, and social media star. Koshy has also played roles in numerous TV shows and movies, including Freakish, Boo! A Madea Halloween, Escape the Night, and Jingle Ballin’.

Koshy has gained most of her fame through her YouTube accounts. She has two YouTube accounts, Liza Koshy, with 12,654,212 subscribers, and Liza Koshy Too, with 5,330,789 subscribers. Her account, Liza Koshy, is one of the fastest growing accounts on Youtube. Koshy started her first account in 2013, and the second in 2016. Since then, Koshy’s fame has only grown.

Currently, Koshy’s total net worth is about 4 million dollars, a remarkable amount for a 21 year old. Koshy may arguable be one of the most successful YouTubers ever. In addition, recently, Koshy has starred in multiple Beats By Dre commercials. This is not Koshy’s first sponsorship however, as Nike sponsored her last year.

Logan Paul

Logan Alexander Paul is a 22 year old actor, YouTuber, social media influencer, and director. He has played roles in films including Airplane Mode, Where’s the Money, The Space Between Us, The Thinning, Chainsaw, Liked, and Valley Girl, and a brief scene in Baywatch.

Paul’s two main YouTube accounts, TheOfficialLoganPaul, with 4,143,482 subscribers and Logan Paul Vlogs, with 14,375,926 subscribers were created in 2013 and 2015. Paul has done some crazy stunts to surprise his fans, including shooting them with his merch, as well as doing a prank in which he pretends to be shot. Paul’s slogan is ‘be a maverick,’ which is coincidentally the name of his colorful pet parrot, Maverick. Paul has also collaborated with many companies including Disney, Hurley, and Verizon.

Jake Paul

Jake Joseph Paul, the brother of Logan Paul, is a 20 year old YouTuber, social media influencer, and former Disney actor. He is apart of a group called ‘Team 10,’ a number of Youtubers who live together and collaborate on numerous projects.

Paul’s main YouTube channel, Jake Paul, has 12,352,328 subscribers and was created in 2013. Paul has done some controversial ‘pranks,’ that perhaps amount to apart of his fame. One of his most well known ‘pranks’ was secretly sleeping in the White House overnight. Paul had recorded some his stay in the White House, but received backlash, as well as a supposed visit from the Secret Service.

Paul’s gateway to fame was probably his (and Team 10’s) song, ‘It’s Everyday Bro,’ in which he disses multiple YouTubers, including PewDiePie and his ex-girlfriend Alissa Violet. This song, released in 2017 stirred up responses from many YouTubers. Alissa Violet, in turn, teamed up with fellow YouTuber, Ricegum, and made a diss track for Jake Paul.

David Dobrik

David Dobrik is a 21 year old YouTuber and actor. He and Liza Koshy have been dating for about 2 years. Dobrik is apart of an unofficial friend group called ‘The Vlog Squad,’ consisting of many former Vine stars.

Dobrik’s two Youtube channels, David Dobrik, with 5,607,498 subscribers, and David Dobrik Too, with 3,299,311 subscribers, were created in 2014 and 2016. Dobrik’s vlogs in his David Dobrik account consist of him pranking many of his friends by putting animals on them while they lay on the floor blindfolded. Dobrik has pulled many good and bad stunts, including surprising his friends with a private jet, and surprising his friends with a tarantula. Like Liza Koshy, Dobrik has a relatively fast growing channel.