Tesla Semitruck

The new Tesla Semi Truck prototype

The new Tesla Semi Truck prototype

via Wikipedia

via Wikipedia

The new Tesla Semi Truck prototype

On November 16, electric car company Tesla unveiled its new semi truck. The event started with Tesla’s CEO, Elon Musk, arriving on the stage in the much-anticipated truck. After climbing out, he commented on the truck, saying, “It blows my mind, I hope it’ll blow yours.”

The Tesla Semi can go from zero to sixty miles per hour in five seconds, while it takes a regular semi truck fifteen seconds. While loaded with 80,000 pounds, the truck can accelerate at the same speed in twenty seconds. Adding to this, it also has a huge 500 mile range. This means that this truck could go to its destination and back without having to recharge. When the truck does need to be charged, it will be charged via Tesla’s new charging network called the Megacharger. These Megachargers will be powered by solar powered and will have an output at least 10 times more than the current Tesla Superchargers. The Megachargers can give the truck 400 miles of range in just 30 minutes, so the driver can take a break or unload cargo and have a fully charged truck by the time they’re back. Like the Superchargers, Megachargers will be placed in convenient places, like malls or office buildings.

On the inside, the driving experience is very comfortable. The driver’s seat is centered, which Musk compares to a racecar. The centered seat position gives the driver more visibility and leg room. On both sides of the driver’s seat are touch screens that act as the center console, similar to the ones in the Tesla Model 3. A regular semi truck’s hardware is messy and has to be added on to the vehicle, while the Tesla Semi’s hardware has everything included, no add-ons needed.

The sophisticated technology inside will ensure driver safety as well as pedestrian and other drivers’ safety. Every truck will come with what Musk calls “enhanced autopilot”. This “enhanced autopilot” will include automatic braking, automatic lane keeping, and forward collision warning.

Reliability is an issue most semi trucks will face. They will break down in the middle of nowhere and repair takes a long time. Musk changes this by guaranteeing that his truck will run 1 million miles without breaking down. This guarantee is backed up by the four independent motors in the truck. Even if two of the four motors break, the truck can still run.

Tesla is now taking reservations for their new truck, and each reservation costs $5,000. Production will start in 2019. The Tesla Semi truck will change the trucking industry, making drivers safer and the Earth cleaner.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Tesla Semitruck”

1. Jerry Chen on December 12th, 2017 9:18 pm

Nice article Jaden!

[Reply]

2. Robert Baz on December 19th, 2017 4:57 pm

Interesting!

[Reply]

*

• Tesla Semitruck

Cancer Healing nNanoparticles

• Tesla Semitruck

NASA Space X Mission

• Tesla Semitruck

What is a Space Pen?

• Tesla Semitruck

Are Robots Taking Over?

• Tesla Semitruck

Moon Dusts Give Astronauts DNA Damage

• Tesla Semitruck

Samsung’s Future Phones

• Tesla Semitruck

What is the 4th Dimension

• Tesla Semitruck

Fortnite Changes Video Game Industry

• Tesla Semitruck

Cas 9 and Crispr

• Tesla Semitruck

SpaceX Launches NASA Satellite

Tesla Semitruck