Filed under Campus Life

Kraemer Jogathon

Students+jogging
Students jogging

Students jogging

Libcom

Libcom

Students jogging

Kraemer Middle School’s Jogathon.

A Jog-a-thon is a common fundraising event used by many schools and other non-profit organizations to collect money to fund their organization. During a Jog-a-thon, participants jog laps for a certain period of time. Also, Jog-a-thons sometimes have stations posted around the track, and obstacles throughout the course. Sponsors donate money according to the number of laps run.

Kraemer’s 2017 PTA Jog-a-thon took place on November 17. The Kraemer PTA hoped to raise at least $15,000 this year. All money raised went towards field trips and PTA sponsored events. All students who pledged at least $25 received a “No Dress Out Pass” for Jog-a-thon day. This pass meant that students did not have to jog and could attend the Jog-a-thon party. This year the Kraemer Jog-a-thon included an obstacle course where students tried to get past a series of obstacles and activities as they ran around the track.

Students who attended the party could earn different levels by collecting more money. The four levels were bronze ($25-49), silver ($50-99), gold ($100-149), and platinum ($150+). All students who attended the party were at least bronze level, and could have work their way up to platinum level. The higher a student’s level was, the more grand prize tickets they earned and the more free frozen treats they could have gotten. All levels included a no dress out pass and admission to the party. All students who got silver level got to participate in the silly string war during the Jog-a-thon party. Students who got gold level got to have a silly string war and got to throw a wet sponge at a teacher. Finally, students who got all the way up to platinum level were not only able to have a silly string war and throw a sponge at a teacher, but will also be able to participate in duct taping Mr. Carmona to the flagpole!

There are three top prizes that will be awarded to the three students who donated the most money out of the entire school. The first place prizes includes a Fitbit Charge 2 and four cinema city movie passes. The second place prizes are Powerbeats by Dre as well as four cinema city movie passes. The third place prize is a one flight pass at Flightdeck.

As students donated more money, they earned more Grand Prize tickets. These tickets could be used in the Grand Prize raffle to win amazing prizes, including principal of the day, a no homework pass, and a day where the winner can ride a golf cart to their classes. The raffle took place on the day of the Jog-a-thon party.

During the Jog-a-thon Party, there were ping-pong tables, a limbo contest, free cotton candy, face painting, and hair spraying indoors. Outdoors, there was an soccerball challenge, a sandbag toss, and a ball-string toss. Whether students went to the Jog-a-thon party or participated in the Jog-a-thon obstacle course, it was an event they did not want to miss.