Filed under Campus Life

Top 5 Pride Sessions

Kraemer's pride schedule

Kraemer's pride schedule

Erin K.

Erin K.

Kraemer's pride schedule

Top 5 PRIDE Sessions

PRIDE is a thirty minute time period between third and fourth period, and is a good time to either have a fun time or get work done. PRIDE sessions can be academic, enrichment, or a combination of both.  The session topics range from games and karaoke to test/assignment make up and study halls.  Students enjoy the variety of Pride sessions, but a select handful of sessions have lines of students streaming out their doors on a regular basis.

1. Study Hall

There are many teachers who hold study halls during Pride. In study hall, students can work on homework and assignments or read silently. In some classes, teachers allow talking but other sessions require complete silence. Study hall helps students concentrate on getting homework or assignments done. It also helps them, in a thirty minute time limit, to use the time to make-up and turn in missing assignments.   

1.  Library

There’s always a huge line in front of the library for pride. The library is a nice environment where students can concentrate on work because of the silence. Even though seventy-five people can get into the library for pride, some students are left out of the library. In the library, students either silently read a book, use the computers, or get work done. Mrs. Kamen, the librarian, expects complete silence.

1. Kitchen Club

Even though this pride session is only on Wednesdays, it is a very popular session that majority of the students enjoy. In this pride session, students are guided by the lunch staff to make and create their own food handiwork. Afterwards, they are able eat and enjoy their tasty treat. For example, students have made Day Of The Dead treats, made salsa, cookies, and have even worked with squash. Students have enjoyed creating and tasting their own treats in these activities.

1. P.E.

Pride in P.E. is always a good time to make-up fitness tests or missed grades for activities. Students can play sports or work on improving their fitness scores. Every teacher holds something different such as their activities or open fitness where everyone is welcome. They can practice on improving in their activities or just play sports for fun. Students who enjoy sports will have a good time in this pride session.

1. Computer Lab

The Computer lab Pride session is a good place to get homework done electronically. If students have assignments on the computer or need to check on Aeries, then the computer lab is a good place to get it done. There are actually two computer labs. One is in room 706 and the other is in 603. The two computer lab pride sessions are held by Mrs. Cooley and Mrs. Smith.     

There are many more Pride sessions that are available to the students at Kraemer, but these are just the top five that most students seem to enjoy. Students who have not yet come to these pride sessions may want to come try it out!