Once Upon a Time Might be Cancelled

Once upon a time logo

Once upon a time logo

Wikimedia Commons

Wikimedia Commons

Once upon a time logo

Now on its 7th Season, Once Upon a Time might not have a Season 8. This adventurous TV show has become a huge hit and has gotten quite a massive fandom. When Season 6 finished, the producers of Once Upon a Time started filming Season 7,  and many viewers were devastated that not all the original cast was coming back. This was what started the downfall of this show.

To begin with, Once Upon a Time producers didn’t keep the same cast for Season 7. Viewers enjoyed the casts’ overall friendship throughout the seasons. Some of these people included, Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Josh Dallas, Emilie de Ravin, Colin O’Donoghue, Jared S. Gilmore, Rebecca Mader, and Robert Carlyle. These actors have been part of the show since the first season. Sadly, not all the cast came back for season 7. Jennifer Morrison who played the main character Emma Swan, only returned for one episode of Season 7 and isn’t planning on returning. Many fans were disappointed that Emma Swan was gone for good, which caused many viewers to stop watching.

Also, the writers killed Belle or Emilie de Ravin in a recent Season 7 episode causing her to leave the show, dropping still more viewers. Jared S. GIlmore who played as Henry (Emma’s son) left the show as well. This was due to Season 7 having a different actor play as Henry’s older self. As for Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas, they might be guest starring in the show, but will not be main characters as they were in the previous seasons. Rebecca Mader will somehow appear back into Season 7. Lana Parrilla, Robert Carlyle and Colin O’Donoghue are main characters in Season 7 and are going to continue being on Once Upon a Time.

Many Once Upon a Time(OUAT) fans are not really enjoying the new cast and the story line. Even though there hasn’t been many episodes of Season 7, fans are already disappointed. In the first episode, it started off the same way as Season 1 Episode 1 started just instead of Emma and Henry, now it’s Henry and his daughter. Viewers immediately got the reference and stopped watching because they thought it was going to be the same storyline just with Henry in Emma’s place. Fans are saying that the writers got lazy and just ran out of ideas. Also, viewers don’t like  Andrew J. West, playing the role of Henry’s older self, because it’s just not the same. People are saying Andrew’s acting doesn’t portray the same Henry as Jared S. Gilmore played.

Some fans were very disappointed to find out that in Hyperion Heights(where the show takes place), Captain Hook really isn’t the real Captain Hook. Fans are disappointed that not only Emma Swan is gone for good, but so is the original Captain Hook. Back to the new cast; although some think the new OUAT cast is horrible, many disagree. Viewers are just sad that the cast’s acting isn’t as good as the old cast because of their relationship together. Also, some people already dislike the new characters, just in general. This caused fans to also stop watching Season 7.

Now because of a lack of viewership, Once Upon a Time might be cancelled. Since the Once Upon a Time writers didn’t keep the same cast, copied the storyline, and their casting choices; Once Upon a Time will probably not air after the whole 6 years of airing. ABC is thinking of not to continue this show due to fans not watching. Some fans who want Once Upon a Time to continue are saying on social media to watch the show live to make every view count. All in all, Once Upon a Time might not continue in the future.