What Music Can Do For You

Black mixing board - music

Black mixing board - music

via Pexels

via Pexels

Black mixing board - music

People enjoy music any many different ways, but it benefits everyone more than they think. The science behind music is truly fascinating, as scientists have been studying this topic for years now. It has been a proven fact that music is in fact good for the body and can improve someone as an individual. There is a lot more to get into.  

A lot of people consider music an escape from reality or a way to express one’s feelings. It can actually can benefit the many who listen to it. For example, music can motivate many listeners. Often times when athletes or others are working out or studying they put on music to get them motivated. Putting on classical music or relaxing sounds to help sleep is also recommended. According to a recent study, about 22.2% of the population listens to music between one to two hours per day. Another 22.2% listen to at least five hours each day.

As for health, it can reduce blood pressure, anxiety, pain. Music can improve anything from someone’s mood, memory, sleep quality, and more. Athletes who are constantly moving and others that are stressed should consider listening to classical music or gentle singing to help them with their sleep. Music relaxes the person, allowing them to get a restful night. While listening to music, it can trigger certain points of the body that help the it heal faster By helping with someone’s mood, music can relieve stress and turn the individual’s day around. Kids who are learning an instrument tend to work harder to achieve their goals, as instruments can be highly challenging.   

Personally, music can also contribute too. To begin with, listening to certain songs could help boost one’s self-esteem. It’s fun to sing even if a person doesn’t have the best voice. Singing along with friends, can provide confidence for many people. Being able to express emotions through music is vital. Without the ability to say it, the person would be able to put their emotions into a song and make it beautiful. Certain pieces of music can also move others and assist in eternal struggles. Friendships can also be born between people who have the same taste in music too.

For many, it can also affect someone’s view of the world or perception, according to a study from the University of Groningen. Even better, playing an instrument actually makes the person smarter. By raising a person’s IQ up seven points, it is really beneficial. Of course, different types of music have different effects on a person. Classical is the most calming and visual attention can be improved. This type of music produces serotonin, which helps maintain a joyous attitude. Currently, pop has been a popular genre. Pop can definitely boost a someone’s mood and help them work.

All in all, music has its many benefits and whether it is in the department of health, or just a personal issue, it’s ought to make things better. When a person’s mood is improved, they tend to become a better person in general. Not only is it amazing to listen to, but at the same time, it enhances us in every way possible.