Filed under Food & Travel, Showcase

Downtown Fullerton: Top 5 Dessert Places

gourmet+cupcakes+
gourmet cupcakes

gourmet cupcakes

via Pixabay

via Pixabay

gourmet cupcakes

Downtown Fullerton, located in Orange County, California, is a city where visitors can find some of the best food places in the region. There are so many different types of food located here, from traditional Japanese to Asian Fusion, to Greek. All types of dessert can be found here. From restaurants to boutiques, Downtown Fullerton is a city full of adventure. Here are the top five dessert locations in Downtown Fullerton.

Dripp

This coffee and dessert shop has a variety of different foods and drinks. Its most popular are the coffees, unique tasting teas, and the ice cream sandwiches. While the food and drinks are top-notch, most customers come for the atmosphere of the store.

A Dripp customer states, “Dripp Coffee House is a hipster oasis at the intersection of Harbor and Chapman in Fullerton.”

The coffee shop is bigger than most; it has an outdoor seating area, that lights up at night time, as well as a decorated indoor seating area. The decorations are unique to Dripp’s old fashioned style, including a wall fully made out of books, loudly patterned walls in the restroom, stools and high tables, and just a general enjoyable ambiance.

Hapa Cupcakes

This cupcake store is not like any other. Hapa cupcakes specializes in alcohol infused desserts, including cakes, cupcakes, cake pops, cookies, cheesecakes, truffles, and macarons. This small shop has a variety of unique flavors in its most popular dessert item, cupcakes. Strawberry and Champagne, Caramel Whiskey, and Cinnamon Sugar Kahlua are only a few of the store’s most popular flavors.

While the cupcake batter is first infused with different types of alcohol (depending on the cupcake flavor) the baking process eliminates the alcohol and leaves just the flavor. In other words, one cannot get drunk off of any Hapa Cupcakes desserts.

Choux Creme

Choux Creme specializes in many different desserts, including cream puffs, macarons, cookies, liquid nitrogen ice cream, and smoothies. The store features a plethora of ice cream flavors, 24 in total. There are the classic flavors, like vanilla bean, strawberry, and mint, and the more uncommon flavors, like avocado, honeydew melon, horchata, hot cheetos, and Thai tea.

One may find it hard to choose from the vast amount of flavors and desserts in Choux Creme. The store has regular, plain desserts and more uncommon, odd desserts. Thankfully, one may choose between the two. At Choux Creme, one may try a variety of unique sweets and drinks.

Cha2O

Cha2O is more of a formal restaurant then a small dessert shop. However, it still features loads of interesting foods. Like the Asian fusion restaurant, Teabo, located in many different areas of Orange County, Cha2O has very similar foods and desserts. From traditional Vietnamese food to boba drinks, Cha2O has a variety of Asian foods.

Aside from boba, brick toast is the restaurant’s signature dessert. This Taiwanese dessert is made from a large slice of bread, which is then toasted, and topped with all sweets imaginable. Ice cream, waffles, fruits, syrup, and whipped cream are only a few of the possible toppings. Cha2O satisfies any sweet tooth one may have.

The Night Owl

The Night Owl is a hipster coffee shop that serves coffees, original teas, and fresh baked pastries. The store also features live music and art. Like Dripp, customers come here for the unique atmosphere as much as the food and drinks.

Relax on the comfy sofas and seats, rather than stiff chairs at a loud restaurant. The Night Owl is a coffee shop where customers can relax, study, or just enjoy the quiet ambiance.

Downtown Fullerton is full of interesting restaurants, desserts, and stores. It features not only local favorites, but new foods to try. Walk around the city for a look at one of California’s coolest cities, Downtown Fullerton.