Filed under Campus Life

‘Dancing Dead’ Preview

A Dancing Dead Poster.

Erin K.

A Dancing Dead Poster.

On October 20, ASB will be hosting the first school dance of the 2017 to 2018 school year. This dance, called the Dancing Dead, will open up at 3:30 and will end at around 5:30 in the afternoon. Tickets will be on sale for $5 each starting from Monday the 16th through Friday the 20th. ASB will be selling them both before school and also during break. In order to enter the dance, students will need to present their ID card. The locker rooms will be open for students to drop off their personal belongings.

According to ASB officer Ria V, there will be many different games and activities situated around the school campus in the dance, just like a carnival. ASB member Aaron M. said that there will be a game called the Halloween Hoops. This game will have four buckets situated on the ground with a student standing with a ball. The goal of this game is to successfully throw the ball into a bucket. If the ball fails to go in, a dare will have to picked to perform right on the spot. Another game that will be present in this dance is the called the Candy Corn Ring Toss. This game, according to ASB member Arpi K., is just like a normal ring toss except the cones will be decorated with candy corn. Students will be rewarded tickets based on their results which they can use to win different prizes.

Students who attend this dance will also have the chance to receive a lot of junk food. There will be a bunch of candy, popcorn, cotton candy, pizza, and even soda. However, a ticket must have been purchased in order to receive these snacks.

In addition to all these game booths, there will also be a karaoke session and video games for students to participate in. ASB will be opening a haunted maze and there will be a dance in the MPR. They will also be offering face-paint for those who want it.

Mr. Castro, the activities director of Kraemer, explained that students will not be allowed to wear their Halloween costumes to the dance. This is because October 31st will be dedicated to Halloween and students will be allowed to dress up on this particular day.  

The Dancing Dead will be the first dance of the 2017-2018 school year in Kraemer. It will have a lot of fun activities, games, and cool prizes for everyone so make sure to come out after school on Friday and enjoy it with friends.

1 Comment

One Response to “‘Dancing Dead’ Preview”

1. Ms. Smith on October 19th, 2017 5:54 pm

Erin, great job writing this. Can’t wait to go to the dance!!

[Reply]

*

• ‘Dancing Dead’ Preview

Student Spotlight: Yishai B.

• ‘Dancing Dead’ Preview

Should Kraemer Have Competitive Sports?

• ‘Dancing Dead’ Preview

Staff Spotlight: Mrs. Steuber

• ‘Dancing Dead’ Preview

Student Spotlight-Evann L.

Week of Wow

8th Grade Promotion

Student Spotlight: Yunnie K.

• ‘Dancing Dead’ Preview

Kraemer Performance Assembly

• ‘Dancing Dead’ Preview

Kraemer Dance Team

• ‘Dancing Dead’ Preview

Riley’s Farm Field Trip

‘Dancing Dead’ Preview