Next-Level Video Game Technology

Virtual+reality
Virtual reality

Virtual reality

HammerandTusk via Pixabay

HammerandTusk via Pixabay

Virtual reality

From 1972 game Pong, to the new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, video games are constantly improving. A decade ago, Dance Dance Revolution was considered one of the most advanced games. Today, upcoming video games will take everything to the next level. Breathtaking visuals and unique gaming schemes will greatly enhance the gaming experience, bringing a whole new video game generation to gamers.
One gaming experience that is already being enjoyed by some is virtual reality. Instead of just staring at a screen, one can become immersed in a video game. This greatly enhances the game, as well as engaging players in a new way. People will almost literally be able to become part of a video game; something many have imagined for a long time. In addition, some companies are taking the extra leap by allowing users of virtual reality to interact with each other. Instead of isolation, social interaction can occur through virtual reality.
In addition to adding virtual reality, some companies are also pushing players to interact with their environment. The idea has already been proven to be very successful; the Pokemon Go app (although it is not a virtual reality game) gained mass popularity in 2016. By allowing players to interact with their environment, companies are increasing the realism of their video games, an attribute coveted by most gamers.
A developing trend that is being seen more and more often in video games is feel engineering. Feel engineering involves working backwards through a game to enhance it by the way of causing players to react a certain and feel a certain way. This makes the game much more interesting.
Facial recognition is already being used in a variety of apps, from Blippar to FaceLock. Some companies will take it to the next level by adding facial recognition features into their games. It will then be able to detect a grimace, for example, and change the difficulty of the game. Everyone will have a much more pleasant experience, from beginners to expert gamers.
One of the most ambitious goals for video game companies is to create completely mind-controlled games. The technology will offer a hands-free experience, as well as instantaneous action. While normal video gaming requires quick reflexes, a mind controlled game would help many to overcome that.
Another revolutionary piece of video-game technology that will likely be seen in the next few decades is a mobile device solely for gaming. The device is predicted to include permanent backup in case of theft, access to apps from all devices, and an extremely long-lasting battery for avid gamers. It’s amazing how gaming has come this far. Hopefully, these concepts will become real soon and bring a whole new experience for everyone.