Filed under Campus Life

Kraemer Performance Assembly

Kraemer's Performance Assembly

Charis P.

Kraemer's Performance Assembly

Kraemer is known for many things including its academic distinction, its excellent faculty and staff, and its multiple, diverse extracurricular programs. Kraemer also offers students a chance to join programs such as Band, Color Guard, Vocal Ensemble, Dance Team, and more. In order to showcase the many talents of these students and teachers, Kraemer decided to hold a performance assembly in the Valencia auditorium, on Thursday, May 25th.

On the morning of, students went to their first period to check off their attendance and headed to the auditorium immediately afterwards. Students and teachers were greeted by ASB and were then entertained by the Kraemer Jazz Band, led by Kraemer’s Jazz and Performing Band teacher, Mr. Gunderson. The audience was then welcomed by Kraemer’s Activities Director, Mrs. Samson, and then listened to Jazz Band perform once more. After Jazz Band had finished their performance, Vocal Ensemble came next. They performed two songs, “One Day” and “Try Everything,” which left the crowd in awe. Next came the orchestra and performing band. Both the Chamber and Advanced orchestras performed. Chamber Strings performed “John Williams Trilogy,” featuring Kraemer 8th grader, Justin W.  with a solo, and Yehee S. on the piano. Advanced orchestra then joined Chamber Strings and together they performed “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake, featuring Katelyn I. on the electric bass, and Jaewon S. on the drums. Students and teachers were mesmerized after hearing the many different instruments play together in perfect harmony which was all thanks to their outstanding teacher, Mr. Topping! After orchestra students had finished their performance, Performing Band came next. They played the theme song from How to Train Your Dragon and “Lips are Movin” by Meghan Trainor, which was once again led by Mr. Gunderson. This was definitely a fun performance as many students as well as teachers began to join in and sing the lyrics! Then came the last musical performance, Kraemer’s Rock N’ Blues Band, led by Mr. Morris. There were 6 singers, Asha U. and Renee F. being the leads, as well as bass, drums, and piano players. They performed two songs, “Counting Stars” by OneRepublic and “Stressed Out” by Twenty One Pilots.

There was then a brief intermission allowing all of the performers, teachers, and ASB time to clean up their stands and instruments, so Colorguard, Dance Team, and Boys and Girls Hip Hop could all perform. After the intermission was over, Girls and Boys’ Hip Hop displayed their performances. They formed a line and began to perform their choreographed dance to the song “That’s What I Like” by Bruno Mars. The crowd cheered and whooped for the two groups. Shortly after, Color Guard’s JV team went on to perform. They enchanted the crowd with their flag and rifle twirling along with their dance moves to the song “Million Reasons” by Lady Gaga. KDT then performed their jazz routine to the song, “Shake the Room” by Gamu. Soon after, Color Guard’s Varsity team performed next and once again, left the crowd in awe. KDT then pulled off one last performance, their hip hop routine to the Work Megamix. Students and teachers were then escorted out of the building and returned to break.

Overall, the Performance Assembly was definitely a huge success! This was sure to be an event that both students and teachers would talk about for a while! According to Kraemer student, Jonathan C., “It was fun to see what the different groups learned throughout the year and watch their performances!”