Huge New Update from Microsoft and New Devices

close-up of a lit-up keyboard

close-up of a lit-up keyboard

Max DeRoin

Max DeRoin

close-up of a lit-up keyboard

Recently, Microsoft released multiple announcements on upcoming updates and innovational gadgets. The new update brings multiple add ons such as being able to access work from other devices such as a phone or tablet. Now people don’t have to worry about going home to finish their work. In addition, Microsoft designed two new products that may help them lead in the world of technology.

The new Microsoft Update allows people to work wherever they left off on their computer. This allows multiple devices to be linked together, which allows a wide variety of possibilities for the user. People can connect their smart home speakers to their computer wirelessly so that they can listen to music whether they may be relaxing or working. This also allows for workers to finish up projects while they are unable to access their computer. Microsoft’s assistant Cortana will normally ask the person if they would like to pick up on whatever they left off and they would like to go back to the exact place they left. Also, Microsoft added an app that allows people to customize their videos and photos to make them into small movies. Some other little fixes is that Itunes will now be available in the Microsoft stores in all Windows 10 pcs.

Microsoft has also taken a leap into the virtual reality world when they announced their first VR controllers. The “Windows Mixed Reality Controllers” has the same performance styles like the Oculus Rift, where the person is able to interact with different things. The virtual reality controllers will also work with other computer companies like Acer and their Acer headsets. The controllers and the headsets can be ordered together for $399 starting May 11 and will be expected to be delivered somewhere around summer. The other device that Microsoft recently released was the Surface Laptop. The designers anticipated that students and teachers would buy them, but it was widely approved of by many workers. Starting at $999, the Surface Laptop is very light and has a 13.5 inch screen. But perhaps one of the most stunning physical features is the Alcantara keyboard. Alcantara is the fabric material used in Surface Book covers and provides stain resistance and durability. The computer itself is said to be at least 50% faster than the Macbook Pros.

Microsoft continues to show the community new gadgets and updates that would improve our lives. These new additions prove that and hopefully they will add more. Kraemer student, Bryan G. said,” I don’t usually use Microsoft computers but I might buy the new laptop because it looks good.”