Filed under Food & Travel, Showcase

Game-Changing Future Amusement Park Attractions

Why is Peter Pan always flying? Because he never lands!

via Wikipedia

via Wikipedia

There’s no doubt that theme parks are magical. Can the experience get any better? Absolutely! New game-changing attractions, even parks, are opening soon. Get ready; the experiences these places will offer are like nothing ever seen before.

Disney World has always been one of the world’s most beloved of theme parks. The park will only continue to amaze its guests with the addition of an all new world; Pandora: World of Avatar. The new land inspired by the planet on where the Na’vi dwell in the blockbuster film Avatar will bring a unique experience to its visitors. Pandora’s bioluminescent plants, floating islands, and other curiosities make it unique amongst the Disney worlds. Pandora was meant to appeal to all of the senses, so Disney Imagineers used sound engineering to adhere to that. The carefully chosen calming noises of rushing water and chirping birds only enhance the magic of Pandora. This whimsical new addition to Disney World is definitely something to look forward to this year.

Florida attracts over 100 million visitors each year, ranking second for the title of most visited state. The numbers will only rise with the addition of Universal’s Volcano Bay, a Polynesian-themed water park, to the plethora of amusement parks in Florida. This water park comes with something new: guest’s wristbands called TapuTapus, will allow them to reserve a spot in line and enjoy other attractions in the meantime. Not only that, but the wristband will also allow visitors to make purchases and interact with the environment. The TapuTapu will even automatically snap selfies at certain locations in the park. Can it get any better?

On January 3, California Adventure closed one of the most iconic rides in the park, The Hollywood Tower of Terror for renovation. This summer, we will get to see the product of their work with Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! The ride will be the same, but more energetic and with other changes. This time, Disney Imagineers added a feature that will make the ride different almost every time one rides it. All the elevators will offer a different scenario for the rider, and will certainly make things more interesting. Kraemer student Abigail H. says, “I would love to experience all the different scenarios! I’m sure this will be a great addition to California Adventure.”

Star Wars has been a beloved movie series for over a decade. In 2019, Disneyland and Disney World will open Star Wars Land for the first time. The experience in Star Wars Land will be like no other since guests will be given wristbands that will allow them to delve into a whole new world by choosing their own path in the Star Wars universe. Guests can complete tasks affiliated with their path, either Resistance or First Order, and interact with the characters in Star Wars Land. The characters will be able to learn about guests walking nearby through their own bands. This technology will definitely offer a new type of magic for its users.

There’s no doubt that the future of amusement parks and attractions will only get brighter. From serving blue milk to letting guests create their own story set in another world, companies are coming up with an array of unique experiences. Let’s just hope we don’t miss out!