The Museum of Ice Cream

via uncoverla.com

via uncoverla.com

The Museum of Ice Cream may sound like a place straight out of a child’s imagination, but it actually exists. The Museum of Ice Cream showcases sweet art that is sure to make one’s mouth start watering. This museum features less about the history of ice cream and focuses more on the art of the tasty dessert. First introduced in New York, the museum is making national headlines; it’s not hard to see why.
The co-founder and CEO of the popular museum, Maryells Bunn, said that he wanted to create an authentic experience for millennials and ice cream lovers on National Public Radio. When the Museum of Ice Cream started out in New York, the tickets sold out for the month of July in five quick days. The museum’s success led Bunn to open a pop-up location in the Arts District of L.A. The L.A. location opened on April 22 and was set to close on May 29. The date was extended to June due to how fast the tickets sold out.
So, what’s inside the very anticipated museum? Guests start off their tour by receiving a call from the Ice Cream Fairy claiming that he is not Seth Rogen. In the next room, the California room, people get to taste ice cream from a local creamery as well as take a picture in front of an ice cream sign mocking the famed Hollywood Sign. In the museum, one will find the mint greenhouse where they grow mint with chocolate spiked soil. Soon, one might stumble into a room with a pool filled with (wait for it) 100 million plastic sprinkles! The museum also serves ice cream sandwich pancakes in a separate room with a pink skillet (like everything else). One might not want to forget two amazing art pieces: “melting” plexiglass popsicles and 10,000 hanging bananas. At the end, check out the gift shop for some more ice cream and souvenirs like playing cards and replicas.
The tickets are about $29 for adults and $18 for seniors and children. The price includes two servings of ice cream and a 30 minute assigned time slot. The half an hour time slot only has room for twenty people so there will not be a crowd of people waiting to get in out. Sadly, all the tickets for L.A. are gone; keep an eye out for other locations opening up in the future. KMS student Robert B. says: “I think the Museum of Ice Cream is a very interesting and cool place. I would go there during my free time.”