Filed under Campus Life

Kraemer Dance Team

Kraemer Dance Team

Kraemer Dance Team

Ron Sartini via stocksnap.io

Ron Sartini via stocksnap.io

Kraemer Dance Team

The 2016-2017 Kraemer Dance Team has had a very successful season. Not only did the team win almost every competition, but  they also had lots of fun being on the team together. This year there were 21 girls on the team with Peyton K. and Natalie Y. as officers, and Summer G. as their captain. All of the girls have been working hard on their dances including solos, small team, large team, and hip hop. Tryouts for the next dance season are coming up on May 19-21 with an important parent meeting on May 17.

In the third competition the team competed in they got first place for large and small team, and second place for hip hop. They even won an award for best showmanship and overall champions! In the dance room located next to the art room, people can see all of the amazing trophies the girls have won from this year, and previous years. As for the second competition the dance team competed in, the girls won first place for every dance! The Kraemer Dance Team has a reputation for their hard work and winning lots of competitions. The team practices every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday to prepare for parades, competitions, and school activities. On May 6, 2017, the dance team competed in their last competition of the season. They won first for hip hop and small team, second for large jazz, and second and first place for all of the solos!

Besides dancing, the team participates in many team bonding activities. Every year around Christmas, they hold a Christmas party where they give gifts and play fun activities. At the beginning of the dance season, they have a meet-up and get to know everyone on the team. The girls also have a pool party near this time. After all of the dance team’s performances, they have a team banquet where they celebrate their amazing season with the entire team.

Overall, the Kraemer Dance Team has had a great team this season. The girls are all so sad to have the season be over. However, getting brand new additions to the team will be so exciting for the upcoming eighth graders. Current Kraemer Dance Team member Piper G. says, “I’m so sad the season is over, it’s been such a great year. These past two years on the team has been such an amazing experience. I have made so many new friends that I don’t want to leave. I love Kramer Dance Team so much!”.