Filed under Campus Life

Sixth Grade Orientation

Sixth Grade Orientation.

Sixth Grade Orientation.

stocksnap.io

stocksnap.io

Sixth Grade Orientation.

On the morning of April 18, sixth graders from all over the PYLUSD district gathered into the Valencia gym to get a preview of the Kraemer Experience. They were introduced to the Jazz Band, Orchestra, Performing Band, Choir, Dance Team, Colorguard, and the ASB.

To begin the orientation, the Kraemer Jazz band started off with a song called “Top Dog.” After this performance, they continued with “Chameleon”, “Chili Pepper 101”, and “Back in the Day”. All of these 80’s themed amazing songs brought a fun vibe that the 6th graders loved. After this, the Kraemer choir sang two songs called “The World is Ours” and “One Day”. In between each musical ensemble, the ASB showed the incoming Kraemer students short videos that showed tips for everyday Kraemer life. They also hosted a fun game to keep the sixth graders active. The goal of their game was to pop the balloons by sitting on them as quickly as possible.

After that, the Chamber and Advanced Orchestra came together to play “Fantasia for Strings” and “Brandenburg”. The audience stared in awe as the Kraemer Orchestra played stupendous high school level songs. For the last musical performance, the Jazz Band joined  with the Performing Band to play two pop songs, “Ex’s and Oh’s” and “Lips are Moving”. After another video, the dance team started their first performance. The dance team started with their jazz performance and then followed by their hip hop performance. The color guard was split into two groups, Junior Varsity and Varsity. They were amazing as they spun and caught their sabers and guns, giving a stunning performance to an audience full of anticipation and gasps. As the presentation came to a close, ASB leaders led the sixth graders out to the Quad where they saw the decorated posters which previewed a great next year at Kraemer. During the afternoon, parents were able to come and watch the awe-striking performances.

That day, the sixth graders left with an amazing impression of our school because they were able to witness Kraemer’s talents first hand. Next year, when the rising 7th graders arrive at Kraemer, they will hopefully be part of the successful performances they saw and make next year’s orientation be just as outstanding as this year’s. Eighth grader Katie I., a bass player for the Chamber Orchestra, said,” The orientation was really successful! Band, choir, orchestra, dance, and color guard all did an amazing job portraying Kraemer.”